David Ditch

Default Fall or winter boat shows?

Quick question.
I'd like to wait until the Washington DC february boat show to order a new
boat. People say that December are the best prices.
I just can't see purchasing a new boat now and waiting 5 months to try it
out. Sales guys say "big deals now" but won't of course say how much prices
go up.
If they have a boat show in Feb and have a "show special" then would it not
be better than in say June?

David

Harry Krause

David Ditch wrote:

Quick question.
I'd like to wait until the Washington DC february boat show to order a new
boat. People say that December are the best prices.
I just can't see purchasing a new boat now and waiting 5 months to try it
out. Sales guys say "big deals now" but won't of course say how much prices
go up.
If they have a boat show in Feb and have a "show special" then would it not
be better than in say June?

David

There's no hard and fast rule that determines when boat prices are best.
Some dealers sell lines that offer "factory incentives" at boats shows.
Others do not. Some good deals are to be found at boat shows, but maybe
not on the boat you want. Some dealers sell lines that don't need deep
discounts to move out of the showroom and storage lot.

What boat are you shopping for?

Email sent to will never reach me.

David Ditch

I've been looking at:
Rinker 232 Cuddy
Rinker 250 Fiesta Vee
Four Winns 215 and 225 Sundowner
Sea Ray 215 and 225 Weekender
Maxum 2400 SC3 cuddy

David
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
David Ditch wrote:

[...]

Harry Krause

David Ditch wrote:

[...]

Ahh, high-volume boats. Well, spend some time on the telephone and
shopping, but you really ought to buy from a dealer who is in your area,
so when you need service, and you will, you are recognized as a
customer. The price you pay for the boat is only the beginning.

Email sent to
will never reach me.