Mark

Default Increasing Speed

Thanks I'll give it a try.
Mark

"Trainfan1" wrote in message ...
WOW another good candidate for the Land & Sea Torque-Shift prop. You have a
heavy boat for that engine. On the Land & Sea website, there is a video of
two identical boats with your engine... one with a regular prop, one with
the shifting prop. One will look VERY familiar to you! The cost is a
factor, around $1000.00, but speed & acceleration costs $!

Rob
*
*
*

"Mark" wrote in message
om...
I have just bought a Mariah 1850Z. How do I improve the performance
out of the gate. It has a Merc V-6 with an alpha I stern drive. I
does great after it gets up to speed and planes out but it really
drags out of the hole. I have to run about 2500-2800 rpms to get it
to plane out. Once it gets there it's fine but I was wondering of
there is a way to get there faster or with less drag at lower rpms.
Trim tabs or Prop problem? I use the boat mostly for skiing and
pulling the kids in there tubes and such. Any help or advice is
greatly appreciated.
Mark Reents