Default More big brother meddling

Justan Olphart wrote:
On 5/18/2015 5:40 PM, Califbill wrote:
Justan Olphart wrote:
On 5/18/2015 1:16 PM, Califbill wrote:
John H. wrote:
On Mon, 18 May 2015 12:32:49 -0400, Justan Olphart wrote:

On 5/18/2015 12:10 PM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 14 May 2015 09:45:05 -0400, Justan Olphart wrote:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/house-pa...eks-1431554099

I concur.

The point is that it's none of the government's business.

Valid point, but neither is 'gay marriage'.

IMHO, of course. :)

Get government out of marriage. Make it contract law. As to abortions, 20
weeks is probably a government and society business. When do you stop
abortion? 20 weeks, 39 weeks? As they come out the birth canal? 2 years?

It's not my job to stop abortions, Mon. Let the mom or guardian, and
father, and the MOM'S clergy and doctors contribute to making the
decision. Ultimately it's the mom's or legal guardian's choice to make.

Actually it is the mom's and fathers job to prevent pregnancy. Not kill a
baby who could survive outside the womb. At what stage is abortion murder?
Sorry, kid, you are 5 years old, and we decided you are a mistake. We a
going to abort you.

Don't be drinkin Harry's kool aid Bill.

I am not. I think abortions are needed. But almost all abortions are a
sign of careless error. But when the baby is viable, killing it is not
acceptable in my mind. 20 weeks. Basically 5 months. Can not make a
decision by then, maybe you should not be able to decide then. 8 months?

John H. wrote:
[...]

Harry would argue that it's not a baby until it's born. In his mind, a
fetus has no standing until it is born. Others have different opinions
as to when an abortion becomes murder. I'm not ready for idiot lawmakers
to make that determination. You shouldn't be either.

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

John H. wrote:
[...]

I can understand your stance on government intervention. On the other hand, who is there to protect the rights of the kid? I'd bet there's no 'dad' around about 90% of the time, so it's not a 'parents' decision. If the kid can live outside the womb, then it shouldn't be killed.

John H. wrote:
[...]

Very good question. Who?
Just because a fetus can survive outside the womb is not justification
for letting it happen. There are numerous possible factors that might
need to be considered on a case by case basis.

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

Is the brother of the stupid brother really any smarter? Keyser Söze General 48 March 18th 15 07:21 PM
Sent by my brother... John H. General 0 November 9th 07 03:02 AM
Help a brother out? dt General 0 November 1st 06 06:42 PM
Help a brother out? Reginald P. Smithers III General 1 October 31st 06 10:40 PM
Help a brother out? Eisboch General 4 October 31st 06 01:20 PM