Default 'ell no....not again!

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 14:04:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/29/2015 1:33 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 13:08:50 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 04:51:27 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

After a couple days of melting, we had a heavy snowfall last night.
Where's the JohnnyMop when you need him? Maybe he hopped on his moto guzzler and is on his way up here to shovel my sidewalk.

You still can't shovel your own snow?

===

John, please give it a rest. That horse was dead after the first
beating.

No kidding.

For John (because I know he's going to now give me a lecture on how a
Cessna steers again) ... here's some info that will maybe clear up our
disagreement.

This is for a Cessna 150 but it also applies to the 152 and the 172.
They all operate the same way. Pertinent excerpt:

".... Tricycle aircraft will align with the direction of travel if
weight is kept off the nose wheel. There is a significant design
difference of the nose wheel between Cessna and Piper. On the ground,
Piper steers heavily and positively; Cessnas have springs that will
gradually pull the wheel into the turn. The left and right turning
springs of the Cessna are usually of different tension. This means that
more differential toe braking will be required in one direction than in
the other.

(Note by me: There is no direct connection of the nose gear to the
rudder pedals on the Cessna. They are spring loaded.)

The Cessna's nose steering is coupled to springs, and it's only movable
10 degrees) either side, unless differential braking is used. Braking
will then caster the wheel to 30 degrees."

http://www.pilotfriend.com/training/flight_training/fxd_wing/cessna150.htm

In addition John:

When taxiing on the ground you can turn make turns (although they tend
to be wide) using rudders only but the turn is because you have
deflected the rudder to one side. By adding some throttle, you cause
the prop wash to hit the deflected rudder which pushes the back of the
airplane in the opposite direction of the turn. That causes the front
of the airplane to turn in the direction you desire to go. The spring
loaded nose gear simply allows the tricycle landing gear to follow the
turn. For sharp turns, you use differential braking.

Very interesting. Thanks! Helps explain why they make steering rods for the Cessnas.

Some of the RC planes with a turnable nose geer also turn with rudder action. The
physics are basically the same as in the above paragraph, but without the
differential braking. Although, the bigger, more expensive planes have brakes, so
they may also use them for steering. I don't have one of those several thousand
dollar jobs.
--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 13:51:08 -0500, Califbill wrote:

True North wrote:
After a couple days of melting, we had a heavy snowfall last night.
Where's the JohnnyMop when you need him? Maybe he hopped on his moto
guzzler and is on his way up here to shovel my sidewalk.

Get your kid to do the job. Or is he lazy like his pater.

I've been told to give it a rest even though Don is the one who *didn't* give it a
rest. It's the city's job.
--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.

wrote:

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 04:51:27 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

After a couple days of melting, we had a heavy snowfall last night.
Where's the JohnnyMop when you need him? Maybe he hopped on his moto guzzler and is on his way up here to shovel my sidewalk.

You still can't shovel your own snow?

===

John, please give it a rest. That horse was dead after the first
beating.

Oh, I was just trying to be nice in response to his comment.

===

Enough already.

wrote:

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 04:51:27 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

After a couple days of melting, we had a heavy snowfall last night.
Where's the JohnnyMop when you need him? Maybe he hopped on his moto
guzzler and is on his way up here to shovel my sidewalk.

You still can't shovel your own snow?

===

John, please give it a rest. That horse was dead after the first
beating.

No kidding.

I don't believe he can lay off the petty insults.

--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

The JohnnyMop flushes his head....

" I've been told to give it a rest even though Don is the one who *didn't* give it a
rest. It's the city's job. "

Johnny...stop this conduct unbecoming an officer in the US Army. You are embarrassing yourself.

wrote:

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 04:51:27 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

After a couple days of melting, we had a heavy snowfall last night.
Where's the JohnnyMop when you need him? Maybe he hopped on his moto
guzzler and is on his way up here to shovel my sidewalk.

You still can't shovel your own snow?

===

John, please give it a rest. That horse was dead after the first
beating.

No kidding.

I don't believe he can lay off the petty insults.

Takes one to know one.

wrote:

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 04:51:27 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

After a couple days of melting, we had a heavy snowfall last night.
Where's the JohnnyMop when you need him? Maybe he hopped on his moto
guzzler and is on his way up here to shovel my sidewalk.

You still can't shovel your own snow?

===

John, please give it a rest. That horse was dead after the first
beating.

No kidding.

I don't believe he can lay off the petty insults.

Takes one to know one.

It's good that you recognize that trait in yourself, eh?

wrote:

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 04:51:27 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

After a couple days of melting, we had a heavy snowfall last night.
Where's the JohnnyMop when you need him? Maybe he hopped on his moto
guzzler and is on his way up here to shovel my sidewalk.

You still can't shovel your own snow?

===

John, please give it a rest. That horse was dead after the first
beating.

No kidding.

I don't believe he can lay off the petty insults.

Takes one to know one.

It's good that you recognize that trait in yourself, eh?

And you are to self-centered to realize the trait in yourself it appears.

wrote:

[...]

So, this is what you have to contend with when flying that RC Cessna 172?

http://tinyurl.com/pvyg9t7

Keyser Söze
"So, this is what you have to contend with when flying that RC Cessna 172?

http://tinyurl.com/pvyg9t7 "

SNERK!
Is Johnny still trying to convince everyone that flying his toy is the same as flying a real plane?