Default Snow?

Forecast is calling for 8-12" of snow in our area this evening and
overnight. If it happens, it'll be the first substantial snowfall of
this winter.

I suspect federal employees all over the metro area will be out this
evening, dancing half naked around the fires in the 55-gallon oil drums,
chanting to the Snow Goddess for OPM to shut down offices Tuesday.
--
Proud to be a Liberal.

On 2/16/2015 7:12 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:

Forecast is calling for 8-12" of snow in our area this evening and
overnight. If it happens, it'll be the first substantial snowfall of
this winter.

I suspect federal employees all over the metro area will be out this
evening, dancing half naked around the fires in the 55-gallon oil drums,
chanting to the Snow Goddess for OPM to shut down offices Tuesday.

8-12" ? A dusting, huh?

On 2/16/15 7:15 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/16/2015 7:12 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:

Forecast is calling for 8-12" of snow in our area this evening and
overnight. If it happens, it'll be the first substantial snowfall of
this winter.

I suspect federal employees all over the metro area will be out this
evening, dancing half naked around the fires in the 55-gallon oil drums,
chanting to the Snow Goddess for OPM to shut down offices Tuesday.

8-12" ? A dusting, huh?

Hey, now. Let's be real...2" of snow is enough to shut down this area. I
predict - panic and empty shelves at the supermarkets.

The real problem is the high potential of downed power lines and loss of
electricity to hundreds of thousands of folks.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

On 2/16/2015 7:19 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 2/16/15 7:15 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/16/2015 7:12 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:

Forecast is calling for 8-12" of snow in our area this evening and
overnight. If it happens, it'll be the first substantial snowfall of
this winter.

I suspect federal employees all over the metro area will be out this
evening, dancing half naked around the fires in the 55-gallon oil drums,
chanting to the Snow Goddess for OPM to shut down offices Tuesday.

8-12" ? A dusting, huh?

Hey, now. Let's be real...2" of snow is enough to shut down this area. I
predict - panic and empty shelves at the supermarkets.

The real problem is the high potential of downed power lines and loss of
electricity to hundreds of thousands of folks.

The one saving grace throughout the 4 major storms we've endured is that
so far (knock on wood) we haven't lost power. A good part of
the Cape was out due to the failure of a transformer at a major
distribution station but that was quickly restored.

I credit the tree and limb trimming program done last summer in our
town for not having any power outages so far. A couple of the storms
started with the wet, heavy snow that usually causes outages.
I was just thinking ... another reason may be that drivers really can't
hit telephone poles in their cars. They'd have to climb over a 6-7 foot
snow bank to hit it.

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 07:12:55 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

Forecast is calling for 8-12" of snow in our area this evening and
overnight. If it happens, it'll be the first substantial snowfall of
this winter.

I suspect federal employees all over the metro area will be out this
evening, dancing half naked around the fires in the 55-gallon oil drums,
chanting to the Snow Goddess for OPM to shut down offices Tuesday.

The AFGE doesn't need a snowfall to stop working. They seldom start.
--

Guns don't cause problems. The behavior
of certain gun owners causes problems.

On 2/16/15 12:29 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 07:19:35 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/16/15 7:15 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/16/2015 7:12 AM, Keyser Söze wrote:

Forecast is calling for 8-12" of snow in our area this evening and
overnight. If it happens, it'll be the first substantial snowfall of
this winter.

I suspect federal employees all over the metro area will be out this
evening, dancing half naked around the fires in the 55-gallon oil drums,
chanting to the Snow Goddess for OPM to shut down offices Tuesday.

8-12" ? A dusting, huh?

Hey, now. Let's be real...2" of snow is enough to shut down this area. I
predict - panic and empty shelves at the supermarkets.

The real problem is the high potential of downed power lines and loss of
electricity to hundreds of thousands of folks.

I talked to my ex the other day and she said PEPCO is finally getting
serious about trimming the trees.

It isn't supposed to start snowing until this evening, but I dashed over
to the local Giant Supermarket to get a few items...at 8:30 am. Amazing
what some shoppers were packing into their carts, as if they expected a
nuclear holocaust instead of maybe two days of inconvenience. Some items
already were thin or gone from the shelves.

Our local electric co-op does not do a great job trimming trees and
limbs near its wires. Seems to me it must cost more in imported manpower
after a big storm to get the lines back up...

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

wrote:

[...]

I am sure it does. Overtime or premium pay for the union employees.
Our electric company never trimmed either but the town put pressure
on them to do so since the utility company has right of way rights
for their lines. I remember it was a big deal when it was being
discussed.