Default Morons...really

Thom Tillis doesn't 'have any problem' with
optional hand washing for restaurant employees

With a measles outbreak and the issue of mandatory vaccinations
dominating the political landscape this week, Sen. Thom Tillis, R-North
Carolina, is taking the opportunity to speak out against what he says
are too many government regulations.

What was one of the examples he used Monday while participating in a
Q-and-A at the Bipartisan Policy Center? Health and hygiene regulations
that require employees to wash their hands after going to the bathroom.

Tillis argues we are “one of the most regulated nations in the history
of the planet.”

“I was having a discussion with someone, and we were at a Starbucks in
my district, and we were talking about certain regulations where I felt
like ‘maybe you should allow businesses to opt out,’” Tillis said.

They just happened to be sitting by the bathroom, and an employee went
in there.

“She says, for example, don’t you believe that this regulation that
requires this gentleman to wash his hands before he serves you food is
important?” Tillis recalled. “I said: ‘I don’t have any problem with
Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post
a sign that says ‘We don’t require our employees to wash their hands
after leaving the restroom.’”

A clip of the video can be seen at C-SPAN.

Tillis said he knows that any restaurant opting out of mandatory hand
washing for employees would go out of business, but that’s the point.
Many consumers would self-regulate.

“The market will take care of that,” he added.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics...rant-employees
--
Proud to be a Liberal.

On 2/3/2015 8:09 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

You got totally wooshed on that one Mr. Krause

Tillis recalled. “I said: ‘I don’t have any problem with
Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post
a sign that says ‘We don’t require our employees to wash their hands
after leaving the restroom.’”

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

On Wed, 04 Feb 2015 08:58:03 -0500, Justan Olphart wrote:

On 2/3/2015 8:09 PM, Keyser Sze wrote:
[...]

Sometimes the headline grabs him so hard he doesn't have time to read the whole
article.
--

Guns don't cause problems. The behavior
of certain gun owners causes problems.
Banned

More clip n paste ****. It's all krause has anymore.

wrote:

[...]

The NC General Assembly has a wild west mentality and have done crazy
things like removing funding for enforcement of ethanol placards at
gasoline pumps.

Who would enforce the "Hand washing not required" placards? Or any
other crazy notion of "opting out" of health and safety standards.

Tillis is nuts and I'm embarrassed that he represents my state.

Twenty years from now you will be more disppointed
by the things that you didn't do than by the ones
you did do.

So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

1987 23' Grady-White Gulfstream
2005 20' Angler CC
2004 17' G3 CC 1756

Out of Shallotte, NC

wrote:

[...]

Yup. There's something terribly wrong with consumers enforcing what's
right by using their pocketbooks. Government needs to control and
enforce everything.

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 13:59:45 -0500, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Who actually enforces the hand washing in the first place?
It has to be the owner of the business and he does it to avoid being
sued.
It is just a feel good sign

True, but rather than lose sight of the triviality of washing up at
Starbucks, one should ponder the ramifications of the original
statement:

"I was having a discussion with someone, and we were at a Starbucks in
my district, and we were talking about certain regulations where I
felt like maybe you should allow businesses to opt out,'"

How far do you let that initial thought go? Personally, I don't want
to live in a world where my health, safety, etc. are governed by some
nondescript disclaimer buried somewhere on the premises, in mice type.

Twenty years from now you will be more disppointed
by the things that you didn't do than by the ones
you did do.

So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

1987 23' Grady-White Gulfstream
2005 20' Angler CC
2004 17' G3 CC 1756

Out of Shallotte, NC

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 16:20:14 -0500, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The disclaimer requirement that they are not diligent about forcing
their employees to wash up is better than the implied lie that they
do.

You are wandering off into the fanciful land of the straw man,
again....