jps jps is offline

Default Hilarious

The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office has asked vigilantes to
please be careful about which gun owners they choose to attack after a
black concealed carry permit holder was wrongly assaulted at a Florida
Walmart.

According to the Hillsborough Sheriff’s Office, 62-year-old Clarence
Daniels was entering Walmart with his legally concealed firearm to buy
coffee creamer on Tuesday when he was spotted by 43-year-old vigilante
Michael Foster.

Foster, who is white, had observed Daniels conceal the weapon under
his coat before he came into the store. When Daniels crossed the
threshold, Foster tackled him and placed him in a chokehold,
Hillsborough Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Larry McKinnon explained.

“He’s got a gun!” Foster reportedly exclaimed.

“I have a permit!” Daniels repeatedly shouted back.

After a struggle, the men were separated. Deputies later arrived and
Foster was charged with battery.

“Unfortunately he tackled a guy that was a law-abiding citizen,”
McKinnon noted. “We understand it’s alarming for people to see other
people with guns, but Florida has a large population of concealed
weapons permit holders.”

“The Sheriff’s Office recommends that vigilante-inclined citizens
refrain from taking matters into their own hands, especially when an
incident is gun-related,” the Tampa Bay Times reported.

McKinnon said that vigilantes should “make sure there’s a good reason”
before tackling gun owners.

“Otherwise you might be confronting a guy that is legally permitted to
carry a gun,” he pointed out.

Concealed carry permits are cool, as long as you're white.

On 1/21/15 1:38 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

Sad but true.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 13:46:39 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 1/21/15 1:38 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

===

Daniels certainly did not deserve to be assaulted but he did violate
one of the cardinal rules of concealed carry which is to keep your
weapon concealed at all times. Allowing someone else to see your
firearm can be considered "brandishing" under some circumstances.

wrote:

On 1/21/15 1:38 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

My gut tells me that if Daniels were a white guy, the self-appointed
vigilante, Michael Foster, would have ignored the guy. I hope but I
doubt Daniels gets some slammer time.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

wrote:

On 1/21/15 1:38 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

doubt Foster gets some slammer time.

Correction posted...Foster should go to jail for assault...not Daniels.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

wrote:

On 1/21/15 1:38 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

You might want to re-read that last sentence.

wrote:

On 1/21/15 1:38 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

I did and fixed it.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

wrote:

On 1/21/15 1:38 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

"Gut" feels are nothing but a prejudgement. You have no idea what
the guy would have done if the gun guy was white.

wrote:

On 1/21/15 1:38 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

Well, of course. That's why I qualified the statement with my gut feeling.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

wrote:

On 1/21/15 1:38 PM, jps wrote:
[...]

Ah, but "gut" feels is a form of prejudice, stereotyping and, in some
cases, racism.

Its hilarious....not. *e#c General 8 November 19th 10 10:19 PM
This is hilarious... Why bother? [email protected] General 1 October 23rd 08 05:52 PM
OT - but Hilarious! JohnH General 5 October 6th 06 05:09 PM
OT-Kinda mean, but hilarious John Cairns ASA 0 April 2nd 06 06:33 AM
Hilarious! Hahahaa! Bob Crantz ASA 1 January 23rd 05 03:32 PM