Tim Tim is offline

Default Pretty good price...

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 1:13:38 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 09:05:12 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

Greg, it's a model 74. Excellent condition too!

That is listed as a 22lr
As far as I know the only 22 short only rifles were gallery models
made to shoot those frangible bullets. They had a very light recoil
spring.
I would think a regular short would bang them pretty hard too.

Greg,this clearly , ".22 short only"
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Greg, it's a model 74. Excellent condition too!

That is listed as a 22lr
As far as I know the only 22 short only rifles were gallery models
made to shoot those frangible bullets. They had a very light recoil
spring.
I would think a regular short would bang them pretty hard too.

Greg, you could get them either way and as this pic says it's stamped on the barrel. And listed as 'standard' or 'high speed'

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Images/Win74AD.gif

wrote:

Greg, it's a model 74. Excellent condition too!

That is listed as a 22lr
As far as I know the only 22 short only rifles were gallery models
made to shoot those frangible bullets. They had a very light recoil
spring.
I would think a regular short would bang them pretty hard too.

Greg, you could get them either way and as this pic says it's stamped on the barrel. And listed as 'standard' or 'high speed'

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Images/Win74AD.gif

Well by gosh I'm satisfied it's .22 short only!

On 12/31/14 11:31 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 11:16:50 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 12/31/14 8:37 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 18:12:07 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 12/30/14 3:26 PM, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 12:50:44 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

...Federal automatch .22LR ammo:

http://tinyurl.com/pa8pvxd

Plus $12 shipping. WalMart had 222 rounds for $11.

222 rounds of federal automatch?

Usually the shipping covers a bunch of boxes of ammo. It has when I buy
on line, and I don't have to deal with walmart.

'Dealing with WalMart'?

I go to the ammo counter, say hello to Juan, and he tells me if
they've gotten any .22 in - or 9mm or .45 in aluminum cases. The other
day they had both. The aluminum cased .45 was $14.75 a box of 50. Not
bad.

Once I've picked out what I want, I pay Juan, wish him a good day, and
I'm on my way.

'Dealing with WalMart' is actually a nice experience. Sometimes Dee, a
very nice Afro-American lady, is working the counter. She also knows
what I'm interested in, always has a nice smile, and is very pleasant
to work with.

So, 222 rounds of Federal Automatch for $11 at WalMart?

No, it was Remington 22 Golden Bullet, a great round for target or
rabbit shooting. It actually has a greater muzzle velocity and energy
than that Federal stuff. I noticed in the comments that one guy had
bought two boxes for $49 with shipping. That comes to about
7.5cents/round, which is still half again as pricey as the WalMart
stuff - and you don't get to deal with friendly people!

Really a good deal.

Oh. So the product you offered up as a comparison was not the same
product, so therefore the comparison really isn't valid, is it?

Over the holidays, I bought some hundreds of Federal .223 ammo at .27 a
round, including shipping. Brass casing, FMJ, decent ammo. My neighbor
with the new Mini 14 bought the same ammo at Walmart for more than .40 a
round. I guess you could have bought the TULA steel ammo Walmart sells
for less, and claimed you got a better buy. Not the same as the Federal
ammo, but, hey, what the hell.

On one of the discussion boards I frequent, one devoted to high-cap semi
auto rifles in .22LR, Remington ammo is referred to as "Thunderduds" for
these rifles because of many FTFs. Oh, and sometimes the bullets fall
out of the casings. Really. But ammo is ammo, right?

Tim Tim is offline

IMO ammo is ammo as far as .22 goes. I've shot all major brands and haven't experienced any more duds from one to the other. I have several brands of .303 but Iainly shoot surplus. The Greek made in 1947 shoots about as accurate as anything...

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:09:25 PM UTC-5, Keyser Söze wrote:

Over the holidays, I bought some hundreds of Federal .223 ammo at .27 a
round, including shipping. Brass casing, FMJ, decent ammo.

Where did you get that? None of the sites I know of have that kind of ammo for that price, even without shipping added.

wrote:

[...]

Yup. Can't use the Tula stuff at my range. So one .22 is the same as
another, unless I got to the real 'match grade' - like Tenex at fifty
cents a round.

Keyser Söze wrote:

Over the holidays, I bought some hundreds of Federal .223 ammo at .27 a
round, including shipping. Brass casing, FMJ, decent ammo.

Where did you get that? None of the sites I know of have that kind of ammo for that price, even without shipping added.

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 10:53:37 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 07:39:30 -0500, Poquito Loco
wrote:

Yup. Can't use the Tula stuff at my range

Why not?

They don't allow bullets with steel therein. Sparks. That's their
story, and they're sticking to it.