Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default And once again...

....the great (in size) white hope of the GOP proves he is an ass...

A Letter from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health Dean Klag
to Governor Chris Christie

October 27, 2014

Governor Chris Christie
Office of the Governor
P.O. Box 001
Trenton, NJ 08625

Dear Governor Christie,

I am writing to indicate in the strongest possible terms my objection to
your policy of a 21-day quarantine for health care workers traveling
from West Africa to New Jersey and, especially, its application to our
graduate Kaci Hickox. Kaci spent six weeks in Sierra Leone with Doctors
Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), treating patients with
‪#‎Ebola‬. She has tested negative for Ebola and, according to news
reports, has no symptoms. She poses no risk to her fellow citizens.

While I applaud your concern for the health of the citizens of New
Jersey and recognize your responsibility to protect their health, I do
not think that this policy does so. Instead, it increases paranoia
without materially protecting health.

Instead, I ask that you follow the current CDC guidelines, as we do for
our faculty, staff or students who are returning from working in West
Africa.

Thank you for your consideration of this request to do what is right for
the citizens of the United States and for the people of West Africa.

Sincerely,

Michael J. Klag, MD, MPH
Dean

http://www.jhsph.edu/news/news-relea...-christie.html

--
A vote for any Republican is a vote AGAINST:

Social Security, Medicare, Minimum Wage, Fair Pay, Food Stamps, Clean
Air and Water, Modest Gun Regulations, Public Schools, Rebuilding
Infrastructure and Good Jobs, Women's Rights, Veterans’ Rights, LGBT
Rights, and, of course, Your Right to Vote.