Default Chicago politics ....

On 10/24/14 7:00 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:02:49 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 10/24/14 11:57 AM,
wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:25:57 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 10/24/14 11:22 AM,
wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 07:46:42 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

Oh, Georgia doesn't matter. Sure. I get it.

It wasn't what we were talking about.

Even though the right-wing U.S. Supreme Court has paid off the GOP by
weakening the voting rights act, there still have been court cases
decided against states with Republican governors who restricted access
to registration and voting. Naturally, these restrictions please you
righties, because in some states, a huge minority vote would flip them
blue.

Yeah just what we need, more bankrupt states

Uh-huh, because non-whites, students, lower income people shouldn't
vote...because, well, if they do, the Republicans can't win. I get it
and so do millions of other Americans.

If it has the effect of "turning the state blue" AKA a welfare state,
that is worse for everyone in the long run.
Low information voters will keep voting themselves benefits from the
public treasury until the state goes broke. Maybe the red states would
be better simply buying the homeless bus tickets so they can go to a
blue state that is willing to support them.

Thank you, Mr. Rommey, for doing your best to make sure there is a
permanent underclass lining up for your low wage, no benefit jobs.

It is hard to talk about low wage, no benefit jobs without
acknowledging NAFTA, GATT and the global economy. You also have to
acknowledge technology that simply made those jobs obsolete

The biggest losers were those liberal arts majors who could go get a
middle management job somewhere and now that whole career path is
gone. The CEO can get most of what they used to provide him from an
Excel report right from the computer on his desk.

Yeah, we know you resent college grads. What else is new?
--
Of life’s simple pleasures, few are more satisfying than being attacked
by the right-wing trash in rec.boats.

On 10/24/14 7:02 PM, Califbill wrote:
F*O*A*D wrote:
On 10/24/14 5:15 PM, Califbill wrote:
F*O*A*D wrote:
On 10/24/14 4:05 PM, Califbill wrote:
F*O*A*D wrote:
On 10/23/14 10:20 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 21:18:22 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 10/23/14 8:49 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 19:46:20 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

Georgia...
Was anyone here talking about Georgia?
Nice diversion tho.

Oh, Georgia doesn't matter. Sure. I get it.

It wasn't what we were talking about.

Even though the right-wing U.S. Supreme Court has paid off the GOP by
weakening the voting rights act, there still have been court cases
decided against states with Republican governors who restricted access to
registration and voting. Naturally, these restrictions please you
righties, because in some states, a huge minority vote would flip them blue.

That's a problem for you. Critical thinking.

Really, Bilious? Perhaps you can expand upon your point in the context of
the statement I made. Or is this just another in your never-ending
attempts to appear clever about something, anything? If so, you've failed yet again.

There is little substantiated documentation of contemporary, significant
registration/voting fraud in this country, despite the efforts of
right-wing extremists to drum up bull**** to support their vacuous
claims, or the insane posts here of PsychoScotty Ingerfool. The only
motivation for these Republican governors and politicians is to repress
the vote of citizens who will vote against them and their policies.

The other motivation for voter fraud is for left wing politicians to keep
in power! Your lack of critical thinking, or your basic tenant of lies,
forces you to ignore this fraud. When 115% turnout and 100% votes are the
same in a very liberal bastion! is not right wing fraud!

As I suspected, just another in your string of failed attempts to come
across as clever. Perhaps you should take up golf...or model airplanes.

You are clever in your mind. No where else.

Yes, well, being clever in my feet would be worthwhile if I were an ice
skater, eh?

--
Of life’s simple pleasures, few are more satisfying than being attacked
by the right-wing trash in rec.boats.

On 10/24/14 8:10 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:03:42 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 10/24/14 12:40 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Like everything political, the pendulum swings back and forth, over
extending reasonable limits at the extremes of it's arc.

For several decades voter laws in all the states have become less and
less restrictive, adding ease of registration, early voting, additional
and specific days of voting to accommodate local demographics and making
it easier for all those who want to vote to do so. But in the course of
this swing, it has gotten to the point where in some cases all a person
has to do is to claim to be a citizen ... by birth or naturalization ...
and they can vote. No proof or documentation required.

So, now the pendulum starts moving back the other way.

The pendulum is swinging back "the other way" in Republican-governed
states only because the Republicans in those states know that the
demographics don't favor them, and they are trying everything they can
to try to hang onto "white man rule" for a little longer. The changes
you reference aren't happening because of any sort of fraud.

http://tinyurl.com/l2glv9m

That's all there is to it.

As I pointed out before, voter fraud would have to be prosecuted by
the politicians who won the election and why would they want to
question their win.
Everyone else is just a sore loser with no power to actually prosecute
anything

Republican governors who are "in office" are making all manner of claims
of "voter fraud" to support their disenfranchisement forays...and they
are the ones who won the election.

Next?

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 20:19:11 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

Republican governors who are "in office" are making all manner of claims
of "voter fraud" to support their disenfranchisement forays...and they
are the ones who won the election.

===

Thank you. I had never realized that it was only Republican
governors who wanted to stay in power.