Default I let the machinist out...

I shaved the A2 sight/gas block off my AR 15, per this instructive video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sBqDpi-Cb4

First time in many decades I've done anything like it...*

I decided to shave the block so I could reuse it with the existing pins
and pin holes. The way Colt attaches the blocks, the pin holes are more
or less unique to each gas block and barrel. I didn't want to attach a
new low profile gas block with set screws.

Now, before I reattach the gas block, I have to replace the barrel nut
for the proprietary one that came with my new 12" rail.

Gosh, had I been in the Army, I probably wouldn't have been taught these
skills.

* Not since a year or two after high school when I spent a summer
between college semesters as a welder's apprentice at the Bigelow Boiler
Factory in New Haven.

http://tinyurl.com/oaospet

When I worked there, the factory was manufacturing new boilers, but my
job was cleaning out and repairing old boilers. Good job, good pay. We
got paid once a week via an armored truck whose driver and assistant
handed out envelopes with our pay in cash after deductions.

--
“My heart goes out to the people of Ebola.”
Sarah Palin

Yo, Don! Do *you* give a ****?

Poco Loco wrote:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:22:35 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

I shaved the A2 sight/gas block off my AR 15, per this instructive video:

Yo, Don! Do *you* give a ****?

He's still trying to back his boat into the driveway for the winter.

On Wednesday, 8 October 2014 17:54:05 UTC-3, John H. wrote:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:22:35 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

I shaved the A2 sight/gas block off my AR 15, per this instructive video:

Yo, Don! Do *you* give a ****?

Say what?
Johnny, are you trying to recruit me into your motley little gang of Moppetts?
Sorry, I'd be a misfit with that group. (thank the Lord)

On 10/9/14 10:52 AM, True North wrote:
On Wednesday, 8 October 2014 17:54:05 UTC-3, John H. wrote:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:22:35 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

I shaved the A2 sight/gas block off my AR 15, per this instructive video:

Yo, Don! Do *you* give a ****?

Say what?
Johnny, are you trying to recruit me into your motley little gang of Moppetts?
Sorry, I'd be a misfit with that group. (thank the Lord)

Like most of the righties here, Herring has nothing to contribute but bile.

wrote:

On Wednesday, 8 October 2014 17:54:05 UTC-3, John H. wrote:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:22:35 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

I shaved the A2 sight/gas block off my AR 15, per this instructive video:

Yo, Don! Do *you* give a ****?

Say what?
Johnny, are you trying to recruit me into your motley little gang of Moppetts?
Sorry, I'd be a misfit with that group. (thank the Lord)

I didn't think so.

Johnny and the Misfits...a no hit wonder group.

--
My heart goes out to the people of Ebola.
Sarah Palin
Banned

On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:22:35 PM UTC-4, F*O*A*D wrote: A bunch of lies..

You didn't do ANY ****ing machining, you lying old self-important ****.

On Thursday, 9 October 2014 00:14:37 UTC-3, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:22:35 PM UTC-4, F*O*A*D wrote: A bunch of lies..

You didn't do ANY ****ing machining, you lying old self-important ****.

Hey, shouldn't you be squeezing into those moldy leaderhosen short shorts and murdering polka music this time of year?
I saw that King of Polka on CTV this morning from Waterloo.
They say he has released 98 Polka albums.
That would be a perfect torture for those ISIS characters...being forced to listen to polka while staring at your picture 24 hours a day.
i bet all would convert to another religion to make it stop.
Banned

On Thursday, October 9, 2014 10:57:50 AM UTC-4, True North wrote:
On Thursday, 9 October 2014 00:14:37 UTC-3, wrote:

On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:22:35 PM UTC-4, F*O*A*D wrote: A bunch of lies..

You didn't do ANY ****ing machining, you lying old self-important ****.

Hey, shouldn't you be squeezing into those moldy leaderhosen short shorts and murdering polka music this time of year?

I saw that King of Polka on CTV this morning from Waterloo.

They say he has released 98 Polka albums.

That would be a perfect torture for those ISIS characters...being forced to listen to polka while staring at your picture 24 hours a day.

i bet all would convert to another religion to make it stop.

Your Mop is waiting, loser.