Default Well, *this* helps explain...

....the South:

Oops! Cops raid Georgia man’s home after mistaking okra for weed

A Georgia man was awoken Wednesday morning to find a police helicopter
hovering overhead and sheriff’s deputies at the door to search his
property for drugs.

“They were strapped to the gills,” said Dwayne Perry, describing the
heavily armed officers.

Agents from the Governor’s Task Force for drug suppression flying
overhead spotted what they believed to be marijuana growing in the yard
of Perry’s home in Cartersville, reported WSB-TV.

But the plants were, in fact, okra.

“We’ve not been able to identify it as of yet, but it did have quite a
number of characteristics that were similar to a cannabis plant,” Capt.
Kermit Stokes, of the Georgia State Patrol, told the TV station.

Perry said the mistake shouldn’t have been made, because okra has five
leaves — not seven, as cannabis does.

“Here I am, at home and retired and, you know, I do the right thing,”
Perry said. “Then they come to my house strapped with weapons for no
reason. It ain’t right.”

Law enforcement officers apologized to Perry after examining the plants,
saying they were only trying to do their jobs, but the homeowner said
the mistake could potentially have gotten him killed or injured.

“The more I thought about it, what could have happened?” Perry said.
“Anything could have happened.”

Perry also fears his reputation was harmed, saying that neighbors have
been asking him about all the patrol cars parked outside his home.

http://tinyurl.com/p6ueswj

--
“My heart goes out to the people of Ebola.”
Sarah Palin

F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

Another failure of the Federally pushed drug war.

On 10/3/2014 1:21 PM, Califbill wrote:
F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

We're getting closer, 23 states have decriminalized marijuana,
there's got to be a number when the feds start rethinking where
they spend OUR resources.
Mikek

---

F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

Ahh, 23 states have medical Marijuana, 19 have decriminalized marijuana.
Hopefully the feds will catchup soon and stop harassing citizens.
Mikek

KC KC is offline

F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

Apparently there is a store opening up in my hometown... Will be one of
the first two in CT iirc.

F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

You should apply for a job at that store.

F*O*A*D wrote:

[...]

Speaking about applying for jobs.... here would be a perfect place for dope heads like L'il Snottie and his Sugar Daddy up in Southern Ontario.
Trouble is, they'd be putting a dent in the profits.

http://www.herald.ns.ca/business/124...t_read=1240598

F*O*A*D wrote:
[...]

We have medical pot on the ballot this year and Charlie Crist (the H
is silent) has a "hint hint, wink wink" rumor going out that he would
use the most liberal interpretation of that law if he is elected but
he has not actually said a single word about it.
Ambulance chaser and TV lawyer, John Morgan is financing both
amendment 2 and Crist.

The problem is Crist is such a lying weasel, I certainly can't trust
him. Scott is a weasel too so I am not sure if I will vote for either
one.

"It is like picking your favorite Menendez brother" - Joan Rivers

Any politician who says "I love Barak O'Bama" cannot be trusted. What's
in it for Morgan?
KC KC is offline

On 10/4/2014 12:21 PM, Califbill wrote:
wrote:
On Sat, 04 Oct 2014 05:52:11 -0400, Harrold wrote:

On 10/4/2014 12:08 AM, wrote:

We have medical pot on the ballot this year and Charlie Crist (the H
is silent) has a "hint hint, wink wink" rumor going out that he would
use the most liberal interpretation of that law if he is elected but
he has not actually said a single word about it.
Ambulance chaser and TV lawyer, John Morgan is financing both
amendment 2 and Crist.

The problem is Crist is such a lying weasel, I certainly can't trust
him. Scott is a weasel too so I am not sure if I will vote for either
one.

"It is like picking your favorite Menendez brother" - Joan Rivers

Any politician who says "I love Barak O'Bama" cannot be trusted. What's
in it for Morgan?

I am sure Morgan just wants "his" man in the state house and that is
scary enough. As for the medical pot, I am not sure what Morgan's
connection is but I would want to follow the money. He probably has a
link to the potential producers or distributors.

Some radio show was telling about, I think UPS driver with actual medical
condition and pot prescription. Was fired because UPS has Federal
contracts and is still illegal Federally.

Many companies drug test the young kids before hiring them, don't care
if you have a med card, you smoke pot, you don't work there... period. I
assume it's more of an insurance consideration than anything else. Last
thing an employer wants is the insurance company to find out the worker
who just filed a claim smokes pot, legally, or not...

Hope it helps... Secular Humanist General 0 August 23rd 10 07:12 PM
WAFA helps McCain win! Jim General 61 November 5th 08 02:32 AM
WAFA helps McCain win! JimH[_2_] General 1 November 3rd 08 09:11 PM
WAFA helps McCain win! DK General 32 November 3rd 08 12:36 PM
Prez Helps Stop Inflation! Doug Kanter General 1 October 17th 03 05:59 PM