Default So, Greg...

On 9/5/2014 3:37 AM, Tom Nofinger wrote:
On Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:49:43 PM UTC-7, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 9/4/14 7:22 PM, wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 18:40:16 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 9/4/14 6:32 PM,
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 17:12:37 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

...which of these works best on Zombies?

http://tinyurl.com/mjun2vb

Naahh

One of these

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/zombie%20round.jpg

That's the really high priced solution.

Actually very efficient. One .50 BMG hits harder than a dozen of those

center fires and as much as a box of .22rf

The bullet is 700-800 gr with around 14,000 ft/pounds of energy that

can easily reach out 2000 yards for a lousy $4 a round.

I never shoot zombies until I can see their glassily fixed eyes.

So not only do zombies entertain your fantasies but you hallucinate about actually shooting them? Krause,

you need to report to a mental health facility immediately!

If his wife gave a **** about him she'd have him committed before he
does harm to himself or others. What the hell kind of mental health
professional is she anyway? She ought to have her license revoked, that
is if she has one

On 9/5/14 11:01 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 08:38:18 -0400, BAR wrote:

I am seeing 5.56 at $382-$420 1000 rds.

You aren't seeing correctly.

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/223/

Maybe he is seeing like GunBot where they cite Buds as having .45ACP
for 25 cents a round and it is $24.99 a 50 round box.
That liberal arts guy should have taken a little more math ;-)

Math *is* one of the liberal arts. If only you boys had had a bit of
kollidge.

On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 04:28:32 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

And I still have some 22lr that was probably $0.50 or less a box.

Yep. I still have several boxes boxes labeled .50c

===

You guys should go out and shoot some of that stuff once in a while.

On 9/5/14 11:43 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 11:08:13 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

On 9/5/14 11:01 AM,
wrote:
On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 08:38:18 -0400, BAR wrote:

I am seeing 5.56 at $382-$420 1000 rds.

You aren't seeing correctly.

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/223/

Maybe he is seeing like GunBot where they cite Buds as having .45ACP
for 25 cents a round and it is $24.99 a 50 round box.
That liberal arts guy should have taken a little more math ;-)

Math *is* one of the liberal arts. If only you boys had had a bit of
kollidge.

I did say "a little more math".
I assume reading is a liberal art too.

I don't know what the requirements are these days, but when I got my
first "liberal arts degree" four courses in college level math were
required. The assumption was, however, that you learned basic math in
grammar school or earlier. Whether the fellas at Bud's or GunBot took
any math in order to sell guns or ammo, well, who knows.

F*O*A*D wrote:
On 9/5/14 11:01 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Sep 2014 08:38:18 -0400, BAR wrote:

I am seeing 5.56 at $382-$420 1000 rds.

You aren't seeing correctly.

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/223/

Maybe he is seeing like GunBot where they cite Buds as having .45ACP
for 25 cents a round and it is $24.99 a 50 round box.
That liberal arts guy should have taken a little more math ;-)

Math *is* one of the liberal arts. If only you boys had had a bit of kollidge.

Math 101. The stuff you should have learned in grammar school.

wrote:
On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 21:50:31 -0500, Califbill

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 19:49:43 -0400, F*O*A*D wrote:

Actually very efficient. One .50 BMG hits harder than a dozen of those
center fires and as much as a box of .22rf
The bullet is 700-800 gr with around 14,000 ft/pounds of energy that
can easily reach out 2000 yards for a lousy $4 a round.

I never shoot zombies until I can see their glassily fixed eyes.
Besides, the .357s are about 30 cents each now, and so are the .223s,
and .22LRs can be had for a nickel this week. Prices are indeed dropping.
Any .357 worthy of shooting Zombies is going to be a buck a shot
(Critical Duty, Critical Defense or Buffalo Bore).

I have been watching the price drop and I agree. I am about to
replenish my supply.
If I see any decent 7.62x51 for a quarter I will probably be buying
1000 or two. I am waiting for .45 to be a tad less.
It is the classic, looking for the bottom.
I still have some South African 7.62 in 200 round battle packs that I
paid around a quarter for, during the Bush administration.
I think I paid 22 cents for the .45s I am still shooting my way
through. They are brass and boxer primed but I am not reloading them
so I don't really care.
I did think about breaking out my reloader and cranking out some .38s
when the prices were going nuts. I have the components to load 1000 or
so. I just never had the time. That is for single guys or married guys
trying to get away from the wife.

Was picking up stuff at the gun store today. $22 45 acp 50 rounds. $8.49
for 20 rds 5.56.

Usually the deals on commodity ammo like the military calibers are
found on the internet and in "can" quantities, battle packs or 1000
rounds depending on where they are coming from,.

http://www.wikiarms.com

I watch this site.

Hey, Greg, check this out. Tim General 12 March 29th 14 07:33 PM
Yo, Greg and John... JustWaitAFrekinMinute General 15 February 22nd 13 04:57 PM
Yo Greg! John H.[_5_] General 13 May 4th 12 01:35 AM
Yo, Greg! Tim General 4 November 1st 11 08:42 PM
Yo Greg! Tim General 148 December 21st 10 11:32 PM