BoatBanter.com

-   -   Ping John Herring: Interesting Eleuthera Story (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/161327-ping-john-herring-interesting-eleuthera-story.html)

Wayne.B July 24th 14 04:42 PM

Ping John Herring: Interesting Eleuthera Story

I'm sure you know the exact place that they are talking about:

http://www.boatus.com/magazine/2014/august/eleuthera-bahamas-page-2.asp

[email protected] July 24th 14 05:22 PM

On Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:42:37 AM UTC-4, Wayne. B wrote:
I'm sure you know the exact place that they are talking about:

http://www.boatus.com/magazine/2014/august/eleuthera-bahamas-page-2.asp

Very interesting, thanks for posting it.

Poquito Loco July 24th 14 08:48 PM

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:42:37 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

I'm sure you know the exact place that they are talking about:

http://www.boatus.com/magazine/2014/august/eleuthera-bahamas-page-2.asp

Not sure if it was the same base, but I spent several months at the Eleuthra base surveying sites
for the Atlantic Missile Range test area. This was in '64 and '65, before Unc Sam asked me to join
him.

Thanks for the memories!