BoatBanter.com

-   -   Well Ray.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/161218-well-ray.html)

Tim July 9th 14 12:40 PM

Well Ray....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,7880506.story

Get ready to say goodbye to 'chocolate city'

Poquito Loco July 9th 14 05:19 PM

Well Ray....

On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 11:45:32 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 9 Jul 2014 04:40:06 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,7880506.story

Get ready to say goodbye to 'chocolate city'

They never addressed the diversion of federal money intended to
strengthen the levees before Katrina. That was the real crime. He used
it to prop up shipping interests in New Orleans and screw the poor,
mostly black, people in the 9th ward. They couldn't contribute much
to his campaign and they would vote for him anyway.

Oh bull****, Greg. Everything that went wrong in NO was Bush's fault, remember?

Wayne.B July 9th 14 06:40 PM

Well Ray....

On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 12:53:23 -0400, wrote:

It was weeks before some people on the Jersey shore got
any substantial help.

===

We came up the Jersey shore just a week ago, only a few hundred yards
off the beach in most places. It was somewhat surprising just how
good things looked. We saw a few homes and other structures that
were still boarded up with plywood but they were the exception. There
was quite a lot of evidence of new seawall construction and dune
replenishment but on balance things looked OK.

Califbill July 9th 14 09:04 PM

Well Ray....

wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,7880506.story

Get ready to say goodbye to 'chocolate city'

They never addressed the diversion of federal money intended to
strengthen the levees before Katrina. That was the real crime. He used
it to prop up shipping interests in New Orleans and screw the poor,
mostly black, people in the 9th ward. They couldn't contribute much
to his campaign and they would vote for him anyway.

I was helping Habitat For Humanity in Slidell after Katrina. Nagen was
running for reelection. One local was voting for him. When asked why,
seeing his performance, she said what do you expect, he was mayor for only
2 years before. Sad.

Tim July 12th 14 10:22 PM

Well Ray....

wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/s...,7880506.story

Get ready to say goodbye to 'chocolate city'

They never addressed the diversion of federal money intended to

strengthen the levees before Katrina. That was the real crime. He used

it to prop up shipping interests in New Orleans and screw the poor,

mostly black, people in the 9th ward. They couldn't contribute much

to his campaign and they would vote for him anyway.

I was helping Habitat For Humanity in Slidell after Katrina. Nagen was

running for reelection. One local was voting for him. When asked why,

seeing his performance, she said what do you expect, he was mayor for only

2 years before. Sad.

Sorry, Nagin.

Looks like Ray got 10 years. But over a bit of time I'm sure it will get reduced, and if he ran again for Mayor of N.O. he'd probably be re-elected.Then write a book and make the talk circuit. Hey, It worked for Marion Barry in DC.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Nagin-sent...266311411.html

Poquito Loco July 12th 14 10:48 PM

Well Ray....

[...]

They'd re-elect Barry in a minute. I keep waiting for his book, "I was a Cocaine Pushing Mayor".

F*O*A*D July 12th 14 11:28 PM

Well Ray....

wrote:

[...]

And yet, dick cheney, who did a lot more damage, is still running around
free and heartless.

--
Republicans . . . the anti-immigrant, anti-contraception, anti-student,
anti-middle class, pro-impeachment party that shut down the government

H*a*r*r*o*l*d July 13th 14 12:15 AM

Well Ray....

wrote:

[...]

You certainly aren't any stranger to heartless runarounds.

--
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of

Tim July 13th 14 01:36 AM

Well Ray....

On Saturday, July 12, 2014 3:28:20 PM UTC-7, F*O*A*D wrote:

And yet, dick cheney, who did a lot more damage, is still running around

free and heartless.

Harry in case you didn't notice, we weren't talking about Cheney, we were talking about Nagin.