Default I will be among those celebrating

On 5/20/14, 5:32 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 5/20/2014 4:52 PM, jps wrote:
On Mon, 19 May 2014 06:33:47 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On 5/19/2014 2:15 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 18 May 2014 20:09:13 -0700, jps wrote:

the demise of this scumbag.

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Billionaire media mogul Richard Mellon Scaife says
he has an untreatable form of cancer.

I felt the same way about Teddy Kennedy. I guess we are both going to
hell. ;-)

I had never heard of "this scumbag" until JPS expressed his delight in
his future demise. So, I looked him up.

Ah .. the lefties don't like him because he donates to conservative and
libertarian political candidates. But wait a minute ...

He also makes financial donations to support National Public Radio.

He also donated millions to abortion rights advocates and Planned
Parenthood.

He donated funds to restore and beautify the White House during the
Clinton administration.

His paper endorsed Hillary Clinton for President.

He is the key benefactor to:

"Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, the Sarah Scaife Galleries at the
Carnegie Institute of Pittsburgh art museum, the Brandywine
Conservancy,
the Phipps Conservatory, and the National Gallery of Art in Washington,
DC, as well as Goodwill Industries of Pittsburgh. He and his
foundations
have contributed to Sarah Scaife's favorite causes: population control
(e.g. Planned Parenthood), environmental conservation, and hospitals;
Jonas Salk developed his polio vaccine in a Sarah Scaife-funded
laboratory. He also supports a variety of educational institutions,
notably the University of Chicago, the Fletcher School of Law and
Diplomacy at Tufts University, Carnegie Mellon University, Boston
University, the University of Pittsburgh, the University of Rochester,
Smith College, and Bowling Green State University."

Yep. What a scumbag.

You don't need to list ways the wealthy get rid of excess money.
Ask why would one celebrate the death of another?
There are exceptions, like Osama Bin Laden.
But it's bad mojo to express joy at somebody's death.
It's watering hate to make it grow larger.
Hate is irrational and soul-destroying.
Death is nothing to celebrate.

I will rejoice at this scumbag's death. Doesn't matter how many
charities Carnegie donated to, he was still a ******* and a scumbag
who took advantage of other men to make himself filthy rich.

Fools can paper over whatever they like, this piece of ****'s demise
will be a net positive for the planet.

So much for liberal "enlightenment".

Just think JPS ... as a captain of industry for 22 years it's very
likely that you've ****ed off one or two people along the way. Bad
contract, misunderstandings, whatever ... it happens. So somewhere out
there someone may be harboring the same sentiments about you.

Scaife is a right-wing scumbag, but that is his privilege in this
strange country. His charitable offerings aren't nearly enough penance
for the stunts he pulled. But I wouldn't wish him dead. I save that for
Rush Limbaugh, and not because I want him dead, but because of the
entertainment value Limbaugh having an "on-air" fatal stroke will provide.

That's Entertainment!

On Tue, 20 May 2014 15:30:49 -0700, jps wrote:

"The long-standing conservative crusade to discredit
government as a vehicle for societal progress has come to fruition as
never before."

===

With all due respect, that is a perfectly valid philosophical and
political position which he had every right to advocate. Just because
you happen to believe in "Big Brother" government does not mean that
it is correct or the law of the land.

On Sunday, May 18, 2014 8:09:13 PM UTC-7, jps wrote:
the demise of this scumbag.

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Billionaire media mogul Richard Mellon Scaife says

he has an untreatable form of cancer.

Scaife is the publisher of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review and owner of

Trib Total Media. He said in a column published Sunday that he learned

of his diagnosis recently.

The 81-year-old Scaife is an heir to the Mellon banking fortune and is

a notable backer of conservative causes. He serves as the vice

chairman of the board of the Heritage Foundation.

Scaife says some who dislike him may "rejoice" at the news of his

diagnosis, but he "can't share their enthusiasm." He went on to say

none of the causes he's supported give him such a great sense of

accomplishment as the newspaper business.

Last year, Forbes estimated Scaife's worth at $1.4 billion.

Damn, you legitimately seem like a sad person... Your either a great joker or just loaded with hateful scorn. Either way you still have maggots in your vagina.

On 5/21/2014 1:27 AM, Tom Nofinger wrote:
[...]

Insightful observation. ;-)

On 5/21/2014 11:45 AM, jps wrote:
Scaife was also a prime mover in smearing John Kerry during his
campaign.

Taint nuttin wrong with that.
KC KC is offline

On 5/21/2014 3:29 PM, H*a*r*r*o*l*d wrote:
On 5/21/2014 11:45 AM, jps wrote:
Scaife was also a prime mover in smearing John Kerry during his
campaign.

Taint nuttin wrong with that.

Kerry should have been smeared more.. what a sellout...

On 5/21/2014 11:45 AM, jps wrote:
Scaife was also a prime mover in smearing John Kerry during his
campaign.

Taint nuttin wrong with that.

Kerry should have been smeared more.. what a sellout...

So, is your motorbike racing kid going off to college this fall?

On 5/21/2014 11:45 AM, jps wrote:
Scaife was also a prime mover in smearing John Kerry during his
campaign.
Taint nuttin wrong with that.

Kerry should have been smeared more.. what a sellout...

So, is your motorbike racing kid going off to college this fall?

have you paid off your tax liens yet?