Default I do love it so when...

....preachy, moralistic politicians of any party hang themselves
(figuratively):

"We need to be as elected officials held to a higher standard," said
Florida state Rep. Dane Eagle (R-Cape Coral) last month after sponsoring
a bill that would require legislators to submit to drug testing.

Just before 2 a.m. Monday morning, Eagle was arrested in Tallahassee on
suspicion of DUI. Police first spotted him pulling out of a Taco Bell in
his black SUV before he narrowly avoided hitting a median, then stopped
in an intersection, veered into a curb and ran a traffic light,
according to arrest documents.

An arresting officer wrote that Eagle smelled like alcohol, had
"bloodshot, watery, and glassy eyes," and swayed while outside his
vehicle, but denied drinking any alcoholic beverages. He allegedly
claimed the smell of booze had come from friends who had ridden in his
car after being at a bar, and refused to take a field sobriety test or
submit to a breath test, according to police.

Eagle, 30, was booked at Leon County Jail and later released.

"I was arrested in Tallahassee and accused of driving under the
influence of alcohol," Eagle said in a statement, according to the
News-Press. "While there are some decisions that I would have made
differently, I do not believe there is a complete and accurate picture
of the events. Under advice of my legal counsel, I cannot discuss all
the details right now, but I look forward to publically (sic) sharing
the entire story at an appropriate time. Until then, I humbly ask for
everyone's patience. I know that I am accountable for my actions, and I
look forward to communicating with my constituents in the near future on
this matter."

The freshman lawmaker and real estate agent made news earlier this year
when -- after years of Florida unsuccessfully arguing in court for the
right to drug test thousands of state workers and welfare recipients
with children -- he filed a bill that would have subjected lawmakers,
elected officials, judges, school board members and others to the same
requirements. If they refuse to submit to testing, they would be forced
to resign.

Under Eagles' bill, positive test results would be referred to the
state's Commission on Ethics, but he also filed a companion bill that
exempts public officials' drug testing results from the public record,
citing possible "unwarranted damages to the reputation of a public officer."

According to jail records, Eagle's booking photo is exempt under Florida
statues.

UPDATE, 5:30 p.m.: Eagle's mugshot has been released after jail
officials determined a cited exemption didn't apply to him, the Tampa
Bay Times reports. It has been added to the story. The paper also notes
that Eagle voted this legislative session for House Bill 265, "which
would prohibit the publication of mug shots unless the person arrested
is convicted or found guilty of the crime."
Banned

**** OFF CLIP N PASTE ****.

I *love* this bit... F.O.A.D. General 4 April 24th 13 06:59 PM
Love it! X ` Man[_3_] General 0 July 17th 12 03:24 PM
lately, go love a cap Kathy ASA 0 April 22nd 05 01:58 PM
You Have To Love This John Gaquin General 1 November 7th 04 12:58 PM
I think I'm in love. Simple Simon ASA 0 October 27th 03 12:38 AM