Default Sometimes, but not often enough...

....being a right-wing asshole has negative consequences:

MARIONVILLE, Mo.-- The mayor of Marionville resigned on Monday night
amid the controversy over his comments about Jewish-run corporations.

During a public meeting Monday night, several residents of Marionville
shared their views about Mayor Dan Clevenger's comments, which followed
the deadly triple shooting at Jewish centers in Kansas earlier this month.

"Mr. Clevenger, I'm asking you to step down," resident Bob Duda said.

The suspect in the shootings is Frazier Glenn Cross, also known as Glenn
Miller. He lives in Aurora, and Mayor Clevenger called Miller a former
friend.

During Monday's meeting, Mayor Clevenger first said he would not speak,
but after about a dozen people asked him to step down, and the city
council voted to impeach him, Clevenger said he would offer his resignation.

Most of the people who spoke during the meeting said the felt
Clevenger's comments did not represent Marionville, and they worry about
the town's image.

"You are a representative of us, we are not a representative of you,"
resident Dan Noyes said. "What you say, what comes out of your mouth, is
what we say."

A handful of residents said the controversy surrounding the mayor is
unwarranted. They said his views were likely misconstrued.

"It hurts me this week to read in the media what's been portrayed about
him. It hurts me because it isn't true. Anyone who lives here and knows
this man knows it isn't true," resident Phillip Harter said.

The mayor said he would write a letter of resignation and deliver it to
City Hall on Tuesday morning.