BoatBanter.com

-   -   Jesus Saves! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/160225-jesus-saves.html)

F*O*A*D February 26th 14 11:57 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/26/14, 6:11 PM, Tim wrote:
On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:23:41 PM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Sure. You have "faith," and that apparently is proof enough for you. But

faith ain't proof.

" Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

"The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8)

"Ecclesiastes 11:5
As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things."

Ahh, but we can tell where the wind comes from and where it is going,
and we do know how an egg is fertilized and how a fetus is initiated and
grows in the womb.

And as I stated, faith may be proof enough for you, but it ain't proof.

Tim February 27th 14 12:03 AM

Jesus Saves!

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 5:57:59 PM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 2/26/14, 6:11 PM, Tim wrote:

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 4:23:41 PM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Sure. You have "faith," and that apparently is proof enough for you. But

faith ain't proof.

" Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

"The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8)

"Ecclesiastes 11:5

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things."

Ahh, but we can tell where the wind comes from and where it is going,

No you can't. No one has a clue where it starts or where it stops.

and we do know how an egg is fertilized and how a fetus is initiated and

grows in the womb.

And how does all that happen, Harry? like haw is an atom 'made'. Nobody really knows.

And as I stated, faith may be proof enough for you, but it ain't proof.

I never said it was "proof' Harry. To me there needs be no 'proof'

F*O*A*D February 27th 14 12:20 AM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/26/14, 6:11 PM, Tim wrote:

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things."

Ahh, but we can tell where the wind comes from and where it is going,

No you can't. No one has a clue where it starts or where it stops.

Your information is out of date.

and we do know how an egg is fertilized and how a fetus is initiated and

grows in the womb.

And how does all that happen, Harry? like haw is an atom 'made'. Nobody really knows.

The male sperm pierces the female's egg and mixes its chromosomes with
those of the female. That's how it happens.

And as I stated, faith may be proof enough for you, but it ain't proof.

I never said it was "proof' Harry. To me there needs be no 'proof'

Indeed. It's just faith. There's no evidence.

Tim February 27th 14 12:36 AM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/26/14, 6:11 PM, Tim wrote:

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things."

Ahh, but we can tell where the wind comes from and where it is going,

No you can't. No one has a clue where it starts or where it stops.

Your information is out of date.

Prove it.

and we do know how an egg is fertilized and how a fetus is initiated and

grows in the womb.

And how does all that happen, Harry? like haw is an atom 'made'. Nobody really knows.

The male sperm pierces the female's egg and mixes its chromosomes with

those of the female. That's how it happens.

And what makes up sperm and eggs? and what causes them to intermingle? And you may say that chromosomes are made of whatever they're made of, but what makes and coordinates the basic core particles?

keep trying.

And as I stated, faith may be proof enough for you, but it ain't proof.

I never said it was "proof' Harry. To me there needs be no 'proof'

Indeed. It's just faith. There's no evidence.

Exactly, and that's all I need. And like I've said in times past. When science can explain the secrets of the Universe- I'll believe that science.

F*O*A*D February 27th 14 11:56 AM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 12:45 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 19:20:04 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

And how does all that happen, Harry? like how is an atom 'made'. Nobody really knows.

The male sperm pierces the female's egg and mixes its chromosomes with

You are confusing an atom with an Adam ...

but not THE Adam.
He wasn't born either according to the Torah.

Which makes one wonder about all the artwork about Adam and Eve that
shows them with belly buttons.

http://tinyurl.com/lphn24g

Tim February 27th 14 01:46 PM

Jesus Saves!

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:56:01 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Which makes one wonder about all the artwork about Adam and Eve that

shows them with belly buttons.

http://tinyurl.com/lphn24g

Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas...

F*O*A*D February 27th 14 01:51 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:46 AM, Tim wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:56:01 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Which makes one wonder about all the artwork about Adam and Eve that

shows them with belly buttons.

http://tinyurl.com/lphn24g

Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas...

Gee, what's your explanation for the belly buttons on Adam and Eve? :)
Artistic license? And why are the pair almost always depicted as
fair-haired while people, since it is known with a great deal of
certainty that humans developed in Africa?

Tim February 27th 14 01:55 PM

Jesus Saves!

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:51:08 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 2/27/14, 8:46 AM, Tim wrote:

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:56:01 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Which makes one wonder about all the artwork about Adam and Eve that

shows them with belly buttons.

http://tinyurl.com/lphn24g

Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas...

Gee, what's your explanation for the belly buttons on Adam and Eve? :)

Artistic license? And why are the pair almost always depicted as

fair-haired while people, since it is known with a great deal of

certainty that humans developed in Africa?

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas... "

F*O*A*D February 27th 14 01:56 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:51 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 2/27/14, 8:46 AM, Tim wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:56:01 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Which makes one wonder about all the artwork about Adam and Eve that

shows them with belly buttons.

http://tinyurl.com/lphn24g

Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon
the pun) ideas...

Gee, what's your explanation for the belly buttons on Adam and Eve? :)
Artistic license? And why are the pair almost always depicted as
fair-haired while people, since it is known with a great deal of
certainty that humans developed in Africa?

Hmm. "While" people. Bad SIRI! Bad bad bad!

F*O*A*D February 27th 14 01:57 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:46 AM, Tim wrote:

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:56:01 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Which makes one wonder about all the artwork about Adam and Eve that

shows them with belly buttons.

http://tinyurl.com/lphn24g

Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas...

Gee, what's your explanation for the belly buttons on Adam and Eve? :)

Artistic license? And why are the pair almost always depicted as

fair-haired while people, since it is known with a great deal of

certainty that humans developed in Africa?

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take
divergent paths, eh?

Hank February 27th 14 02:16 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/2014 5:56 AM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 2/27/14, 12:45 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 19:20:04 -0500, F*O*A*D wrote:

And how does all that happen, Harry? like how is an atom 'made'.
Nobody really knows.

The male sperm pierces the female's egg and mixes its chromosomes with

You are confusing an atom with an Adam ...

but not THE Adam.
He wasn't born either according to the Torah.

Which makes one wonder about all the artwork about Adam and Eve that
shows them with belly buttons.

http://tinyurl.com/lphn24g

Maybe it was your mother and/or who posed for the artwork.

Tim February 27th 14 02:39 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:46 AM, Tim wrote:

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 5:56:01 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

Which makes one wonder about all the artwork about Adam and Eve that

shows them with belly buttons.

http://tinyurl.com/lphn24g

Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas...

Gee, what's your explanation for the belly buttons on Adam and Eve? :)

Artistic license? And why are the pair almost always depicted as

fair-haired while people, since it is known with a great deal of

certainty that humans developed in Africa?

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

F*O*A*D February 27th 14 02:45 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right? :)

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

Poco Loco February 27th 14 03:09 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right? :)

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

....and, Tim, he is an agnostic with integrity.

Mr. Luddite February 27th 14 03:35 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right? :)

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

I think your agnosticism often spills over into politics more than the
ones with faith who you complain about does.

thumper February 27th 14 04:01 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/25/2014 11:56 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Now strip away the proof again and imagine a world where there is *no*
faith whatsoever in the stories told in the Bible. With the absence of
faith there goes the answer to the greatest mystery again. What is our
purpose now?

Faith in the unproven has merit.

How about to have a pleasurable existence while helping others do the same?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWORFx0ea0g

thumper February 27th 14 04:08 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -
I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a
life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

KC February 27th 14 04:14 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/2014 11:08 AM, thumper wrote:
On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -
I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a
life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

It doesn't... it's your choice...

F*O*A*D February 27th 14 04:31 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived
(pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right? :)

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

I think your agnosticism often spills over into politics more than the
ones with faith who you complain about does.

Really? You don't see me trying to pass laws that restrict gays.

thumper February 27th 14 04:36 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/25/2014 2:12 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Why do humanitarian programs exist? Are we so perfect as humans that
we naturally come to the aid of people in need? I don't think so.
That's too god-like.

We have been influenced and taught that. By nature it's survival of the
fittest. What has influenced us to think otherwise?

'Survival of the fittest' is too simplistic unless it is recognized that
being the fittest encompasses altruism.

http://marciamalory.scienceblog.com/...8/on-altruism/

Mr. Luddite February 27th 14 05:10 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived
(pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone
would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right? :)

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

I think your agnosticism often spills over into politics more than the
ones with faith who you complain about does.

Really? You don't see me trying to pass laws that restrict gays.

No, I wouldn't expect you to. However, you are far more vocal (at least
in this newsgroup) in your views on this and other issues that you tie
to religion than any of the so-called "right-wingers" who post here and
to whom you object to so much.

When you complain about having religion "forced down your throat" I
don't think it's your throat you are referring to.

F*O*A*D February 27th 14 05:19 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

When some religious right-winger or exclusionary right-winger steps on
my brothers and sisters, he steps on me. I'm not like Tim, who
apparently thinks denial of civil liberties is of no concern to him
because the ones under discussion are not taking place in his state,
county, town, or rural delivery route.

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the
manor of thy friend's or of thine own we any man's death diminishes
me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know
for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

It's part of a very religious piece but apparently is easily ignored by
"the religious."

Mr. Luddite February 27th 14 05:32 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

Your first sentence says it all. It means you are no different in your
attitude and approach to social issues than the right wing religious
zealots are in theirs.

That's not necessarily a bad thing and certainly not an insult. It just
means that in the promotion of your views you are no different than
anyone with opposing views, regardless of their origins.

F*O*A*D February 27th 14 05:50 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

The difference is, I am not trying to restrict the rights of others. I
want to make sure everyone has the same rights. The righties want to
restrict acceptance, marriage, voting rights, and more.

Hank February 27th 14 06:21 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right? :)

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

...and, Tim, he is an agnostic with integrity.

Are you absolutely sure that is what you meant to say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity

Hank February 27th 14 06:41 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived
(pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone
would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right? :)

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

I think your agnosticism often spills over into politics more than the
ones with faith who you complain about does.

Really? You don't see me trying to pass laws that restrict gays.

You couldn't if you wanted to. To my knowledge, you've never held public
office of any sort. You're just an opinionated gas bag.

KC February 27th 14 06:51 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

He would work to pass laws that hurt gays... as well as straights, men,
women, children, Americans in general, so again, he is lying...

Poco Loco February 27th 14 07:04 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right? :)

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

...and, Tim, he is an agnostic with integrity.

Are you absolutely sure that is what you meant to say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity

Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Hank February 27th 14 07:51 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would
be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really
what we mean here, right? :)

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your
right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,
I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

...and, Tim, he is an agnostic with integrity.

Are you absolutely sure that is what you meant to say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity

Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

What a relief. I thought you might have been going daft.

F*O*A*D February 27th 14 08:09 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

Oh, really? What laws might those be, Scotty?

Tim March 2nd 14 06:06 AM

Jesus Saves!

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 11:19:41 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

When some religious right-winger or exclusionary right-winger steps on

my brothers and sisters, he steps on me.

"Steps on you???" Harry, you trample people right and left.

I'm not like Tim, who apparently thinks denial of civil liberties is of no concern to him because the ones under discussion are not taking place in his state, county, town, or rural delivery route.

Harry, I dont' wear a superman suit nor do I intend to. Though they may you, I look that some things are not for me to worry about.

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the

manor of thy friend's or of thine own we any man's death diminishes

me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know

for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

It's part of a very religious piece but apparently is easily ignored by

"the religious."

looks more political than religious.

Tim March 2nd 14 06:07 AM

Jesus Saves!

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:08:55 AM UTC-6, thumper wrote:
On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -

I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a

life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Not to all evidently, but for some of us, it does...

Tim March 2nd 14 06:09 AM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/27/14, 8:55 AM, Tim wrote:

Pardon me. Allow me to repeat myself-

"Doesn't make me wonder much about some peoples misconceived (pardon the pun) ideas..."

I got it the first time. Interesting how belief and reality take

divergent paths, eh?

Could be, but art work is never reality.

Oh, I've seen "artwork" that so closely duplicates reality, anyone would

be hard-pressed to tell the difference. But, then, that's not really

what we mean here, right? :)

Please don't take my comments about "faith" personally. I respect your

right to your religious beliefs and as I have mentioned more than once,

I am not an atheist...I am agnostic.

Then you should respect a self-proclaimed atheist like Penn Jiletts views as well.....

http://www.youtube.com/http://www.yo...?v=Ol8_cdn-N_k

F.O.A.D. March 2nd 14 01:08 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 3/2/14, 1:06 AM, Tim wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2014 11:19:41 AM UTC-6, F*O*A*D wrote:

When some religious right-winger or exclusionary right-winger steps on

my brothers and sisters, he steps on me.

"Steps on you???" Harry, you trample people right and left.

Really? What laws have I passed to restrict the rights of women, gays,
blacks, et cetera? Answer? None.

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the

manor of thy friend's or of thine own we any man's death diminishes

me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know

for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

It's part of a very religious piece but apparently is easily ignored by

"the religious."

looks more political than religious.

The author was a very religious man.

F.O.A.D. March 2nd 14 01:09 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -

I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a

life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Not to all evidently, but for some of us, it does...

Where is the evidence of infinite life?

Hank March 2nd 14 01:38 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -

I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a

life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Not to all evidently, but for some of us, it does...

Where is the evidence of infinite life?

This is your lucky day. Many churches are open today. Any one of them
can help with the spiritual awakening you seek.

thumper March 2nd 14 08:43 PM

Jesus Saves!

On 2/26/2014 1:13 PM, Tim wrote:

Bottom line is... Without 'faith' there is no 'hope' -

I have faith in a Creator, His Son, and the hope of a

life everlasting when my body 's been given to be worm food.

Why does 'life' have to be infinite to have meaning?

Not to all evidently, but for some of us, it does...

That is what I never understood.

Have you fully considered the concept of eternity? I would become
agonizingly bored after having the same thoughts and experiences for the
10^999th time. At some point it becomes torture no matter how many
distant relatives I'm surrounded by. (perhaps hastened by some of them)

Everlasting life seems designed to appeal to a child-like fear of death.

I was fine not existing before birth and will be fine not existing after
death except in others memories. It's satisfying just trying to make
this life meaningful.