cc0049130

Default Two quarter berth boat?

Have some specific needs. Two tall kids (boy & girl) who don't want to be
in the same cabin, and my wife and I would prefer not to berth one of them
in the main salon. What options do we have? I have seen a double quarter
berth layout somewhere I know. Looking for 1980 -90, 28-34 ft, with 6+
headroom obviously, under $35K. Am I dreaming?
Thanks,
Roger

A. Diesel Vents

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:54:25 -0400, "cc0049130"
wrote:

Have some specific needs. Two tall kids (boy & girl) who don't want to be
in the same cabin, and my wife and I would prefer not to berth one of them
in the main salon. What options do we have?

Wait until one of them is out of the house?
Salty Bob

An older Benautu set up for charter would have two state rooms aft and a
v-berth in the bow. but not sure you can get one for $35k.
My Islander Bahama 30 has 6' 2" headroom in the saloon, a roomy 6' 4"
v-berth, a settee that makes into a double and a quaterberth aft. The
quarter berth is not for people over 5' 9 " though. They can be had in a
1980-1985 era for your price range. One heck of a boat too!

"cc0049130" wrote in message
Have some specific needs. Two tall kids (boy & girl) who don't want to be
in the same cabin, and my wife and I would prefer not to berth one of them
in the main salon. What options do we have? I have seen a double quarter
berth layout somewhere I know. Looking for 1980 -90, 28-34 ft, with 6+
headroom obviously, under $35K. Am I dreaming?
Thanks,
Roger

Marc Auslander

The classic Tartan 30 in the mid-galley arrangement has two
quarterberths. But, there is precious little room in the main salon
for four large people to eat. And the newest are, IIRC, vintage 1978.