djb

Default 1997 Four Winns O/B...Attn. Tony

Hello...Soon I will own a 1997 17' Four Winns Horizon QX, O/B-115 h.p.
Before I sign the cheque I am looking for last minute advice on this
vessel.....is anyone familier with this boat....experiences, good/bad. I
hope to seal the deal @ $11,500.00 (canadian funds) The boat comes loaded
w/ accessories.
IS THIS A GOOD PRICE!!!!
Regards,
DJB
****Tony we have chatted before, and u thought his price was a little
expensive*********

Tony Thomas

That equates to $8600 us. On boattraderonline.com there are 2 1996 models
w/ 130 hp engines for $6500 us.
In my opinion there is no way your 1 year newer w/ 115 is worth $2100 more.
This one is worth about $7000 us ($9300 canadian).
Now, if the boat is in perfect condition and w/ depth finder, gps, all kinds
of goodies that you like. You like the way the boat runs (which in my
opinion is a little under powered), and you have thoroughly checked the
engine and boat for any problems. Then maybe it is worth the extra to you.
However, don't expect to get your money back if you try to sell it.

My guess is your the only one who has ever looked at the boat. Since he
still has it, I would do some more negotiating. Doubt you can really use
the boat any more this year anyway.

I am in the same situation. Found a boat I want but the guy wants about
$2500 too much. He has not sold it in about a year and he just recently
dropped the price by $1000. Still not there but I figure about Christmas he
will be ready to sell.

Of course this is my opinion.

--
Tony
My boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"djb" wrote in message
.. .
Hello...Soon I will own a 1997 17' Four Winns Horizon QX, O/B-115 h.p.
Before I sign the cheque I am looking for last minute advice on this
vessel.....is anyone familier with this boat....experiences, good/bad. I
hope to seal the deal @ $11,500.00 (canadian funds) The boat comes loaded
w/ accessories.
IS THIS A GOOD PRICE!!!!
Regards,
DJB
****Tony we have chatted before, and u thought his price was a little
expensive*********

Joe Parsons

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:39:35 GMT, "Tony Thomas" wrote:

That equates to $8600 us. On boattraderonline.com there are 2 1996 models
w/ 130 hp engines for $6500 us.

For another data point, I just bought a 1992 Four Winns 195 Sundowner with 205
HP OMC for $9,000. The boat is essentially flawless, and has barely 200 hours
on it. The survey came in at $11,000.

In my opinion there is no way your 1 year newer w/ 115 is worth $2100 more.
This one is worth about $7000 us ($9300 canadian).
Now, if the boat is in perfect condition and w/ depth finder, gps, all kinds
of goodies that you like. You like the way the boat runs (which in my
opinion is a little under powered),

Depending on someone's expectations, I tend to agree. Mine, with far more
horsepower, cruises at around 35 MPH (per GPS). Granted, the additional power I
have doesn't translate to a huge increase in acceleration and speed, but I don't
think I'd want a boat with any less.

and you have thoroughly checked the
engine and boat for any problems. Then maybe it is worth the extra to you.
However, don't expect to get your money back if you try to sell it.

My guess is your the only one who has ever looked at the boat. Since he
still has it, I would do some more negotiating. Doubt you can really use
the boat any more this year anyway.

It's amazing how much "air" there can be in asking prices of boats. I looked at
a Grand Banks 42 a few months ago, a needs-some-work 1969. The seller had just
dropped the price to $49,500 from $59,500. I figured I could get it for
somewhere in the low 40s if I tried.

I called the broker to arrange another look. The boat had just sold--for
$30,000.

I don't think there's any risk at all in making a very low offer--especially
when a boat has been on the market for some time.

Joe Parsons

1997 Four Winns 180 O/B djb General 1 September 10th 03 04:00 AM
1993 Four Winns...Used boat question(s)... alincoln General 1 August 8th 03 04:40 PM
FS: Four Winns Boat (Reduced) Arn Cota General 0 July 27th 03 12:53 PM