Tim Tim is offline

Default "0" Pirating last year?

On Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:03:29 PM UTC-6, Califbill wrote:
Tim wrote:

That's why you arm up in int'l water.

The problem is you have enter a port sometimes. Maybe the answer is a Ma

deuce rental service. Pick up your .50 as you reach international waters

and turn it in before entering port. Business opportunity.

That's what I was meaning. Have a contract securities comp[any that boards in the in'tl- Rides shotgun with the host cargo carrier, then before reaching the destination port, depart the vessel. and wait for return ship.

The securities craft could float off the coast for quite an extended period of time just waiting for a hire.

People may say that the project would cost a tremendous amount of money, but then again. Millions of tribute paid to terrorists costs far more. Besides- sooner or later (probably sooner) the pirates would get life figured out and quit.
KC KC is offline

Tim wrote:

That's why you arm up in int'l water.

The problem is you have enter a port sometimes. Maybe the answer is a Ma

deuce rental service. Pick up your .50 as you reach international waters

and turn it in before entering port. Business opportunity.

That's what I was meaning. Have a contract securities comp[any that boards in the in'tl- Rides shotgun with the host cargo carrier, then before reaching the destination port, depart the vessel. and wait for return ship.

The securities craft could float off the coast for quite an extended period of time just waiting for a hire.

People may say that the project would cost a tremendous amount of money, but then again. Millions of tribute paid to terrorists costs far more. Besides- sooner or later (probably sooner) the pirates would get life figured out and quit.

But when you think about it, what are the odds of "your" ship being
pirated? How many thousands of dollars a load are you going to pay to
protect yourself from something that is almost statistically, not going
to happen?

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 14:35:29 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

Yup. Train a couple to operate the .50. They're not difficult to operate, or clear, if there's a
jam.
--

Hope you're having a spectacular day!

Once again, you are dismissing the fact that most pirate boardings take
place at night, when those on the large ship cannot see the pirate
boats. What are you going to be shooting at with those weapons? Passing
waves?

===

That's nonsense. There are many excellent night vision and infrared
detection devices available - reasonably priced also.

Tim wrote:

[...]

Shippers would have a choice of buying or not buying the insurance.
--

Hope you're having a spectacular day!

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 00:18:19 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 11:36:40 -0500, Poco Loco
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 11:31:03 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 23:25:38 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

The .50 cal machine gun can shoot a mile off. Being a machine gun, it can put a lot of rounds on target. Why they don't put one on every ship is beyond me.

===

It seems to work for the Coast Guard.

We had six M2s and a 5"/38. That will really reach out there and put a
50 pound projectile on target up to 10 miles away.
The 83 footers carried an 81mm
That will get your attention too.
I think they also started using the 20mm chain guns.

Chain guns or 5"ers may be a little expensive to mount on all those ships, but M2s or M85s should be
reasonably priced. They'd definitely keep the fishing boats out of RPG or AK-47 range.

I was just referring to what the Coast Guard had.

We did it with a few gunners mates keeping the guns running and
regular members of the crew did the actual operation.
Half of the "gunner's mates" were actually FTs although I was
officially cross trained (passed the GM3&2 courses) and carried an FT
rate.

I could strip down a .45, an M1 or an M2 in the dark and put them back
together again

You can get bored at sea. ;-)

BTW the last time I heard of one being sold here, a transferrable M2
was going for $30 grand or so and that was a while ago. Ammo is well
over a buck a round for ball.

Cheap!
--

Hope you're having a spectacular day!

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 21:42:12 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 1/11/14, 9:13 PM, Poco Loco wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 19:47:03 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 1/11/2014 7:02 PM, Hank wrote:
On 1/11/2014 6:47 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 1/11/14, 6:36 PM, Hank wrote:
On 1/11/2014 2:33 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 1/11/14, 1:35 PM, Hank wrote:
On 1/11/2014 10:47 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

No, FlaJim. I have no idea who Jane Lynch is, and if you can't figure
out if what you post is personally insulting, then I am afraid I
cannot
help you.

Since you obviously are familiar with Ms. Lynch, perhaps you will
tell
us all who she is and why she is important to you.

She is googleable just like everything else. If you are insulted by
the
mention of your sketchy financial history then you deserve no less
than
a daily dose of reminders. Serves you right for being a low life.

So, might we presume that *you* won't be one of those in the future
whining about the "tone" and name-calling and suchlike in rec.boats,
eh?

You might presume anything you like.

And I will, based upon your recent behavior in here.

Are you looking for an excuse to fall back to your old ways?
Historically, you haven't needed one after your short term act of
playing nice.

Come on Jim ... give him a chance. He's been pleasant since his return.
Maybe his trip to Africa cleared his mind. If he goes back to his
old ways, that's one thing, but so far, so good.

I agree. We should overlook his religious sarcasm...this time.
--

Hope you're having a spectacular day!

Is religious sarcasm any better or worse than, say, ethnic or racial
sarcasm? Just asking.

For you, the last two aren't as big a problem, except for your continuous attacks on Americans.

Let's just forget it for now. As Luddite says, you've been pleasant since your return.

Tim wrote:

[...]

Same reasoning could be applied to concealed carry, but concealed carry
seems to be working.

KC wrote:
On 1/11/2014 10:03 PM, Califbill wrote:
KC wrote:
On 1/10/2014 9:52 PM, John H. wrote:
On Friday, January 10, 2014 8:10:13 PM UTC-5, KC wrote:
On 1/10/2014 7:28 PM, Tim wrote:

On Friday, January 10, 2014 7:59:27 AM UTC-6, John H. wrote:

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 21:19:12 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

A "LAWS" wouldn't hurt either. Well, depends on which end your on...

Their effective range is pretty short, well within AK-47 range.

Colonel William Prescott "Don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes!"

The problem with fighting back with small arms or rockets, is they can

stand off a ways and sink you with theirs a lot easier than you can hit

them in their tiny boats... or run a cable and disable you, then hit you

with the rockets...That is what I heard anyway, as a reason why the

bigger ships just can't fight them off with small arms....

The .50 cal machine gun can shoot a mile off. Being a machine gun, it
can put a lot of rounds on target. Why they don't put one on every ship is beyond me.

Because it would escalate, the pirates would swarm with rockets and it
only takes one to get to the big ship hull and it's over... Either way,
they do not want that escalation, I think they would rather have the ship
be taken, and then fight with professionals, on known ground rather than
even professionals fighting after being surprised on the open ocean...

It the incident they made the movie about, the US special forces "fought"
(blew the suckers heads off) after making the circumstances, and setting
the playing field... No innocents got hurt, the ship was not damaged...

And the moment they rocketed a ship, the world opinion would support mass
extermination in their home hood.

Are you sure about that.. I mean, we haven't even fired anybody after
having our Embassy overrun and 4 Americans killed.... Just sayin'.

That's government stuff. Not having to pay more because your shoe delivery
was hijacked.

KC wrote:
On 1/11/2014 8:47 PM, Earl wrote:
F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 1/11/14, 10:39 AM, Hank wrote:
On 1/11/2014 10:21 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 1/11/14, 10:05 AM, Hank wrote:
On 1/11/2014 8:55 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
I'm hoping you know this, and your misuse of "you're" is
deliberate. If
not, someone should have been kind enough to tell you by now that
"you're" is the contraction of "you are." The word you want is
"your."

Hope *your* day is spectacular.

Have a nice day.

--
I’ll be delighted to stop my war on religion when the Republicans
stop

Forever the asshole. You have back taxes dating back to the mid
nineties.

FYI
Jane Lynch is getting a divorce from her husband, wife, significant
other, partner. or whatever you want to call it. The other party is
seeking 100K monthly alimony. I suppose that's as legitimate as the
sanctity of gay marriage. Right?

Ahh, I see you're still involved in posting personal insults here,
and
I'll bet you are among those who wanted rec.boats to be a kinder,
gentler, place, too.

Sorry, but I have no idea who Jane Lynch is. But you seem to know. Is
she some sort of pop star or athlete? I'm not much of a follower of
"pop" culture.

I'll bet you know who Jane Lynch is by now.
What is it exactly that you consider a personal insult?
I'm sorry if I offended you.

No, FlaJim. I have no idea who Jane Lynch is, and if you can't figure
out if what you post is personally insulting, then I am afraid I
cannot help you.

Since you obviously are familiar with Ms. Lynch, perhaps you will tell
us all who she is and why she is important to you.

If you really didn't know, I'm 100% sure you Googled her name prior to
this response.

Does it bother you to take a vacation when people who rely on your
unpaid taxes are unable to pay for their dinner?

We know how that feels.... sitting here turning down the heat while
tenants are sitting in our home, watching a 52 inch tv, playing the
latest HALO 3d gaming system, not paying rent, and refusing to
leave.... We are ****ing numb over this crap, they have been living
there for free since October....

They should be gone soon, right? Cut the power, water, and/or cable.