Default I was wondering where our...

....resident right-wing bigots were going to move to...

Texas.

GOP governor candidate sets aside opposition to gays for higher cause:
secession
By Wayne Slater
Dallas News

Larry Kilgore has made God, gays and guns an important part of his
campaign for governor, but his No. 1 issue is secession. Kilgore is so
committed to the idea of having Texas leave the union that he legally
changed his name – Larry SECEDE Kilgore. That’s the way he’ll appear on
the ballot next March in the Texas Republican primary, where he is
challenging front runner Greg Abbott for the GOP nomination.

Kilgore believes the Bible offers a good guide for government. As such,
he suggests that in accordance with the biblical injunction against
homosexuality, gay people should be put to death. But Kilgore says he’s
willing to temporarily set aside his opposition to homosexuals in the
interest of winning. The Arlington telecommunications contractor says to
build a coalition, he’s inviting gay people to support his campaign.

In an interview with Lone Star Q, a statewide on-line LGBT news site,
Kilgore talked about his version of the big tent.

“I am a Christian, and I have lots of Christian beliefs. However, I am
trying to build a coalition of all different types of people. I look at
the lesbians and the homosexual folks and I say, ‘Hey, D.C. is stealing
my money just like they’re stealing your money.’ After we get our
freedom, then we can decide all that stuff — hopefully at a county
level. Right now, lesbians and homosexuals and Christians may have
differences with each other, but we’ve got a bigger enemy.”

To that end, Kilgore said he’s removed an anti-transvestite plank from
his campaign web site. Asked what the punishment for homosexuality
should be, Kilgore said, “According to the Bible, it should be
execution, if anyone participates in that activity.” But he said the
same for adulterers and women who have abortions.

“In my gubernatorial run, it’s secession only, and I want to build a
bridge with all different kinds of folks,” Kilgore said. “If there was a
homosexual running that was a secessionist, I would support him.” Under
Kilgore’s idea of secession, Texas would be divided into several states.
One state could be for gay people. In another, they could be executed.
In 2006, Kilgore finished second behind Gov. Rick Perry for the GOP
nomination for governor. He ran for the Senate in 2008, challenging
incumbent John Cornyn, and in the primary and got nearly 20 percent of
the Texas Republican vote.

http://tinyurl.com/maj6tdh
--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

Just wondering, Ni-cd charger used on Ni-mh Syntax Electronics 7 April 2nd 07 07:17 PM
Wondering? regarding O.T s Florida Keyz General 2 October 5th 04 12:30 AM
Wondering how many Joe ASA 15 March 19th 04 01:06 PM
Wondering at sea Capt.American ASA 12 July 30th 03 02:20 AM