marklan

Default Tall Ships

I am glad that Englnd has kept one of the ships of the line a live and well,
We have lost so very much of our sailing history. Because non sailor's can't
see the value in keeping the old boats a flot.We lost a barkentine of long
Island in 2002 be cause it was left to a town council and they couldn't see
spending the money on keeping her alive.So they cut off her masts stuck them
in cement in a park .And thought they had done some noble thing. I think
Regina Maris was her name I dont know how to spell it But all I know about
her she needed work and no one would pay the bill so she sank, at the dock .
And was let to die from the lack of some people not understanding that
there is only about a hand full left in the world.
Mark