BoatBanter.com

-   -   Crazy? Check. GOP Congressman? Check. (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/159500-crazy-check-gop-congressman-check.html)

F.O.A.D. December 5th 13 07:52 PM

Crazy? Check. GOP Congressman? Check.

Nuke Iran If War Is Necessary

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) said Wednesday that if the U.S. needs to use
the military option against Iran, America should deploy its "tactical
nuclear devices."

"I think if you have to hit Iran, you don't put boots on the ground. You
do it with tactical nuclear devices, and you set them back a decade or
two or three," Hunter said in an interview with C-SPAN. "I think that's
the way to do it -- with a massive aerial bombardment campaign."

*****
And I thought his daddy, who was a congressman before him, was the crazy
guy in that family.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

Mr. Luddite December 5th 13 08:07 PM

On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
Nuke Iran If War Is Necessary

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) said Wednesday that if the U.S. needs to use
the military option against Iran, America should deploy its "tactical
nuclear devices."

"I think if you have to hit Iran, you don't put boots on the ground. You
do it with tactical nuclear devices, and you set them back a decade or
two or three," Hunter said in an interview with C-SPAN. "I think that's
the way to do it -- with a massive aerial bombardment campaign."

*****
And I thought his daddy, who was a congressman before him, was the crazy
guy in that family.

Where do these people come from and *how* the hell do they get elected?

I am convinced the USA is heading for the scrap heap of former greatness
with "leadership" like this.

F.O.A.D. December 5th 13 08:19 PM

On 12/5/13, 3:07 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
Nuke Iran If War Is Necessary

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) said Wednesday that if the U.S. needs to use
the military option against Iran, America should deploy its "tactical
nuclear devices."

"I think if you have to hit Iran, you don't put boots on the ground. You
do it with tactical nuclear devices, and you set them back a decade or
two or three," Hunter said in an interview with C-SPAN. "I think that's
the way to do it -- with a massive aerial bombardment campaign."

*****
And I thought his daddy, who was a congressman before him, was the crazy
guy in that family.

Where do these people come from and *how* the hell do they get elected?

I am convinced the USA is heading for the scrap heap of former greatness
with "leadership" like this.

I'll be the first to admit there have been some Democratic
representatives over the years I never did like for their political
stands...for example, Dennis Kucinich, because I thought he was way over
the edge on many issues, but I can't recall nearly as many Democratic
crazies in the U.S. House as the Republicans have had the last few
years, and the Republicans compound that by being mean-spirited, too.
For a federal officer to speak publicly about actually using nuclear
weapons on a country with whom we've not really fired a shot is beyond
the pale.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

Mr. Luddite December 5th 13 08:29 PM

On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

I am sick of all of them. The only ones, Democrats, Independents or
Republicans that I pay serious attention to are those who aren't simply
regurgitating their respective party's standard lines and talking
points. People who think for themselves impress me. The rest are parrots.

KC December 5th 13 08:42 PM

On 12/5/2013 3:07 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
Nuke Iran If War Is Necessary

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) said Wednesday that if the U.S. needs to use
the military option against Iran, America should deploy its "tactical
nuclear devices."

"I think if you have to hit Iran, you don't put boots on the ground. You
do it with tactical nuclear devices, and you set them back a decade or
two or three," Hunter said in an interview with C-SPAN. "I think that's
the way to do it -- with a massive aerial bombardment campaign."

*****
And I thought his daddy, who was a congressman before him, was the crazy
guy in that family.

Where do these people come from and *how* the hell do they get elected?

I am convinced the USA is heading for the scrap heap of former greatness
with "leadership" like this.

He is a Republican Representative, in a Blue State... hardly what I
would consider a, "leadership" role. I am much more worried about the
leaders that count for the rest of us outside of Looniefornia.

F.O.A.D. December 5th 13 08:47 PM

On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

Don't worry about it...you wouldn't be employable in California, either.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

Mr. Luddite December 5th 13 09:23 PM

On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

You don't consider members of the United States House of Representatives
to be elected leaders? They generate and vote upon laws that apply to
you.

Califbill December 5th 13 09:25 PM

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
Nuke Iran If War Is Necessary

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) said Wednesday that if the U.S. needs to use
the military option against Iran, America should deploy its "tactical
nuclear devices."

"I think if you have to hit Iran, you don't put boots on the ground. You
do it with tactical nuclear devices, and you set them back a decade or
two or three," Hunter said in an interview with C-SPAN. "I think that's
the way to do it -- with a massive aerial bombardment campaign."

*****
And I thought his daddy, who was a congressman before him, was the crazy
guy in that family.

Where do these people come from and *how* the hell do they get elected?

I am convinced the USA is heading for the scrap heap of former greatness
with "leadership" like this.

Actually sounds like Harry about the Middle East a few years ago. Didn't
advocate making the sands glass.

F.O.A.D. December 5th 13 09:28 PM

Bull****, Bilious.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

Mr. Luddite December 5th 13 09:32 PM

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

Actually, I remember you saying something along those lines. It was in
the immediate reactions we all had after 9/11. Many of us agreed.

True North[_2_] December 5th 13 09:48 PM

On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

[...]

~~ Snerk ~~
Now that was funny!

John H.[_5_] December 5th 13 10:08 PM

On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

[...]

Hey Squirt!!

Glad to see you're up and about - although the nose seems well buried. Wouldn't you agree?

Got gonads? Sharia? Mexican? Am I still supposed to 'follow your lead'?

Remember this? "Maybe you'll follow my lead, Johnny and drop "the name calling and childish
insults". Those were good words, Squirt.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

F.O.A.D. December 5th 13 10:20 PM

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

In the immediate aftermath of 9-11, the Bush Administration said
Afghanistanis were behind the attack, or something like that. I believe
I said we should nuke Afghanistan, but I publicly stated a week later
that that was a rash and stupid thing to say and, as it turned it, it
would have been. Also, we learned that Afghanistan had nothing to do
with the 9-11 attacks. Oh, and of course, Afghanistan ain't in the
Middle East. Other than that, Bilious "Zell Miller" Bill got all his
facts right, as usual.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

John H.[_5_] December 5th 13 10:29 PM

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

Gosh, and all along you've been saying that Bush was using 9/11 as the excuse for invading Iraq.
Your 'something like that' seems pretty far off the mark - for one who is obviously over-educated.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

KC December 5th 13 10:47 PM

On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

Of course I do, don't be a loogie...

[email protected] December 5th 13 11:03 PM

Crazy? Check. GOP Congressman? Check.

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:48:23 PM UTC-5, True North wrote:

~~ Snerk ~~

Now that was funny!

Laughing at the fact you were nothing but a Janitor???

BAR[_2_] December 5th 13 11:15 PM

Crazy? Check. GOP Congressman? Check.

In article , says...

Nuke Iran If War Is Necessary

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) said Wednesday that if the U.S. needs to use
the military option against Iran, America should deploy its "tactical
nuclear devices."

"I think if you have to hit Iran, you don't put boots on the ground. You
do it with tactical nuclear devices, and you set them back a decade or
two or three," Hunter said in an interview with C-SPAN. "I think that's
the way to do it -- with a massive aerial bombardment campaign."

*****
And I thought his daddy, who was a congressman before him, was the crazy
guy in that family.

A cruise missle or two is all that is needed and it can be submarine launched from the IO. No
need to launch an ICBM or send a B2. Or, have you forgotten about your screeds from about 12
years ago where you stated that we should turn Iraq into a sheet of glass?

Califbill December 5th 13 11:33 PM

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

You admit you wanted to Nuke-em. Sounds like a crazy guy to me.

Mr. Luddite December 6th 13 12:19 AM

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

I think everyone did in the days immediately following the Twin Towers
attack.

Mr. Luddite December 6th 13 12:22 AM

On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

I take that to mean you changed your mind.

F.O.A.D. December 6th 13 12:25 AM

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

Weren't most of the 9-11 attack guys...Saudis?

Why weren't there calls to bomb Saudi Arabia? :)

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

Califbill December 6th 13 12:25 AM

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

I really think only the crazy people did. Most, with valid reasons, are
scared of even the thought of a nuclear war.

Earl[_92_] December 6th 13 01:42 AM

On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

He's a follower, not a leader. And he follows liars.

---

BAR[_2_] December 6th 13 01:04 PM

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

Most people did not advocate turning the middle east or near east into glass. That was an
Harry exclusive.

BAR[_2_] December 6th 13 01:05 PM

"Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 12/5/2013 2:52 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
[...]

Were any of them representatives of the Saudi government.