Default Looks like Cox is mimicking Comcast

....saw the ad on tv the first time today.

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/inter...xwifi_z_vanity

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

wrote:
On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 21:50:54 -0500, John H.
wrote:

...saw the ad on tv the first time today.

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/inter...xwifi_z_vanity

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

They probably get the routers from the same company

The comcast router doesn't support 802.11ac 😟

wrote:

...saw the ad on tv the first time today.

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/inter...xwifi_z_vanity

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

They probably get the routers from the same company

The comcast router doesn't support 802.11ac 😟

I think you can get one that is from Comcast.

http://store.comcast.com/80211ac-dual-band-gigabit-router/detail.php?p=442587

wrote:

...saw the ad on tv the first time today.

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/inter...xwifi_z_vanity

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

They probably get the routers from the same company

The comcast router doesn't support 802.11ac 😟

I think you can get one that is from Comcast.

http://store.comcast.com/80211ac-dual-band-gigabit-router/detail.php?p=442587

One of the problems with buying these devices from a cable supplier is
that you don't necessarily know ahead of time what features were "turned
off" in firmware, features that you might need that router to allow or
perform. Comcast cable boxes down here have several potentially useful
ports on their backside, for example, that are useless because the cable
company's firmware won't allow those features to be addressed. Also, the
description you kindly provided doesn't specify whether it is Version 1
of this router or the current Version 2, which has significant upgrades.
Oh, and it is $70 cheaper almost everywhere else!

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

wrote:

[...]

I was just curious to see if the router they recently installed that
transmits two channels was 802.11ac. It's not. It is 802.11n
In the course of looking it up, I ran across the one in the link.

I agree with you. Even the Comcast provided HD TV receivers are weird.
There are HDMI connections on the back but I've never been able to
make them work ... and we have four HD receivers, one of which is only 2
months old. I have to use the RGB (three RCA jacks) HD connection. The
digital audio works through, so you do get sound in surround when the
content has it.

wrote:

[...]

I've been down that same road with Comcast gear. The answer I usually
get is "we haven't implemented that yet." To me, that means "we haven't
figured out how to charge you more for that feature. When we do, we'll
offer it."

wrote:

[...]

Have you tried switching out your box with Comcast? When I've had a problem like that, I've taken
the box to the local Cox store and gotten a new one, no questions asked.

wrote:

...saw the ad on tv the first time today.

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/inter...xwifi_z_vanity

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

They probably get the routers from the same company

Mine's an Arris. Cox is upgrading all our routers. New one's in the mail. Don't know who makes it.

wrote:

...saw the ad on tv the first time today.

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/inter...xwifi_z_vanity

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

They probably get the routers from the same company

Mine's an Arris. Cox is upgrading all our routers. New one's in the mail. Don't know who makes it.

John H. -- Hope you're having a great day!

The Arris D-3.0 "Gateway" that Comcast provides is made by Motorola.