Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default I know everyone here...

....is a BIG fan of Daily Kos, so I thought this snippet would interest:

California leads the way in agriculture, technology, entertainment, and
.... demographics. None of that is good news for Republicans.

Among white California voters, almost four in 10 are Democrats and
four in 10 are Republicans. But among Latinos 55% are Democrats and only
15% are Republicans. Among black voters, 76% are Democrats and 4% are
Republicans [...]

Six in 10 white voters are over 50, making them prized in the
present but not dependable in future decades. The reverse is true for
Latinos, 64% of whom are age 49 or younger. Overall, among all voters,
35% of those 50 and over are Republicans; of those younger, only 23% were.

None of this is surprising given the mounds of data showing similar
results. It merely confirms what we already know: Absent a radical
transformation, demographics will be the death of the GOP. Absent a
genuine effort to rebrand, America is headed toward California-style
single-party status. Sure, the Alabamas and Central Valleys will always
exist, but as nothing more than an amusing sideshow.

We'll always need someone to deliver a handful of Louie Gohmert-style
crazies to Congress to keep us entertained.

http://tinyurl.com/oygpcpt
--
Religion: together we can find the cure.