Default What pro-life really means...

On 11/8/2013 12:23 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
Religion: together we can find the cure.

You are too old for this crap

Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis (D), a leading gubernatorial candidate,
made a campaign stop in Brownsville, Texas, and offered voters her take
on reproductive rights. As Wayne Slater reported, Davis doesn’t see her
support for abortion rights as incompatible with her concern for life.

“I am pro-life,” she said, borrowing a phrase from anti-abortion
activists. “I care about the life of every child: every child that goes
to bed hungry, every child that goes to bed without a proper education,
every child that goes to bed without being able to be a part of the
Texas dream, every woman and man who worry about their children’s future
and their ability to provide for that future. I care about life and I
have a record of fighting for people above all else.”

This hasn’t gone over well on the right. Breitbart’s report called
Davis’ perspective “astonishing,” while Hot Air described the Texan’s
argument as “ludicrous.”

But it doesn’t have to be. Political phrases are chosen for their
rhetorical and persuasive value, and we’ve come to think of “pro-life”
as a shorthand for those who support laws to prevent women from
terminating unwanted pregnancies.

There’s no reason, however, the politically charged phrase can’t be
expanded to be more inclusive – including concern for babies after
they’re born. Wendy Davis has an uphill fight ahead of her, but she’s
already confronting hot-button issues in creative ways.

--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

Yes - indeed - by all means - let's have... Tom Francis - SWSports General 9 September 4th 09 04:05 PM
What Hillary Means LLoyd Bonafide ASA 0 April 7th 07 11:01 PM
What's CE Classification means? Cruising 6 April 11th 06 06:10 PM
Saw Tag Today - Not sure what it means Tony Thomas General 0 August 8th 04 02:45 AM
How to use a simple SWR meter and what it means to your VHF Larry W4CSC Electronics 74 November 25th 03 03:45 AM