BoatBanter.com

-   -   Teabillies upset over government shutdown. (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/158534-teabillies-upset-over-government-shutdown.html)

F.O.A.D. October 1st 13 05:42 PM

Teabillies upset over government shutdown.

I think I read the federal governmental shutdown classifies the Bureau
of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms a nonessential service. Does that mean
no federal background checks for a while and therefore no legitimate
firearms sales?

snerk

F.O.A.D. October 1st 13 05:53 PM

On 10/1/13 12:50 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 12:42:27 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

I think I read the federal governmental shutdown classifies the Bureau
of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms a nonessential service. Does that mean
no federal background checks for a while and therefore no legitimate
firearms sales?

snerk

I assume they shut down the service on the computer although no human
intervention is actually required. I am sure the system itself is
still running .

I dunno, but it's a giggle if it is shut down temporarily.

Wayne.B October 1st 13 07:25 PM

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 12:50:06 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 12:42:27 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

I think I read the federal governmental shutdown classifies the Bureau
of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms a nonessential service. Does that mean
no federal background checks for a while and therefore no legitimate
firearms sales?

snerk

I assume they shut down the service on the computer although no human
intervention is actually required. I am sure the system itself is
still running .

===

Take a look at this nonsense:

http://governmentshutdown.noaa.gov/index.html

This is what you get when you go to the boat documentation web site,
obviously planned in advance. The system could have been left up and
running but apparently orders have been given to maximize the impact.

Our government [not] at work.

John H[_2_] October 1st 13 08:49 PM

Teabillies upset over government shutdown.

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 12:42:27 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

I think I read the federal governmental shutdown classifies the Bureau
of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms a nonessential service. Does that mean
no federal background checks for a while and therefore no legitimate
firearms sales?

snerk

The legitimate sales are not the cause of all the problems...take Chicago, DC, New Orleans, and
Detroit, for example.
--

John H.

Hope you're having a great day!

Mr. Luddite[_2_] October 1st 13 10:53 PM

wrote:

[...]

-------------------------------

That is so blatantly obvious, it's comical.

Wayne.B October 2nd 13 03:08 AM

Teabillies upset over government shutdown.

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 17:53:28 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" nowayalso.jose.com
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Yes, blatantly stage managed in typical government employee fashion.
The system behind that web site is fairly simple and would have
probably stayed running for weeks if left alone.

Boating All Out October 2nd 13 03:47 AM

Teabillies upset over government shutdown.

In article ,
says...

Yes, blatantly stage managed in typical government employee fashion.
The system behind that web site is fairly simple and would have
probably stayed running for weeks if left alone.

I don't think you know squat about this. Server electrical costs that
will be billed to the government, hosting costs and line rental fees
that will be billed to the government. Contractors who run those
websites furloughed.
Nobody around to monitor for hacks.
etc, etc.
What's your experience with government website accounts payable, or any
major website maintenance costs? Monitoring logs for hacks?
Specify all that.
Otherwise you have no credentials for your claims.
You apparently think it's all "free" because "it's the government."
How ironic.

To be clear, I think that when the government shuts down anything not
needed for the continued necessary operation of the 3 branches of
government, national security, public safety and law-enforcement
operations should be shut down entirely.
Shut down Social Security and Medicare too.
Nearly every government light should be shut off.
It's a damn shame that a government shutdown is only painful to some,
and not all. Teabagger anarchy should be fully felt by the public.
Because it's serious business, and shouldn't happen at all.

Wayne.B October 2nd 13 04:45 AM

Teabillies upset over government shutdown.

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 21:47:59 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Yes, blatantly stage managed in typical government employee fashion.
The system behind that web site is fairly simple and would have
probably stayed running for weeks if left alone.

I don't think you know squat about this.

===

Likewise.

Boating All Out October 2nd 13 07:16 AM

Teabillies upset over government shutdown.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

I don't think you know squat about this.

===

Likewise.

Agreed

So there are 2 lefties here who think government servers are "free," and
don't incur costs that are billed to the U.S. Government.
No taxpayer money involved.
Nice little fantasy world, I guess.
Crazy as hell, but who am I to judge?