Brien Alkire

Default Paradise Cove Anchorage (So Cal)

I'm considering sailing from Marina Del Rey (Los Angeles) to Paradise Cove
(Malibu) and anchoring there for the night. It looks like a decent
anchorage, but there's no information about in my cruising guide.

Has anyone stayed there? Do you have any suggestions on where and how to
anchor in that area? Are there some hazards to watch out for?

Just looking at it, it appears to offer good protection unless there's a
swell from the south. There's lots of kelp, but it should be sandy directly
in front of the pier. We're thinking of borrowing a kayak so we can get to
shore.

Any info you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brien

jeannette

Hi,

I have anchored there but never spent the night. I don't think it
would be a problem though. There is a pretty strong tide current going
in and out of the delta under the San Rafael / Richmond bridge and
that will probably cause you to turn around with the tides.

I would recommend staying at the mooring at Ayala Cove on Angel Island
instead though. They charge $5.00 / per night but it's well protected
and you can go ashore to the bathrooms and even take the ferry to
Tiburon and San Francisco.

Jeannette Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html
jeannette

And I just noticed that you are talking about Malibu.... Duhhhhh!!!

Jeannette Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html
Brien Alkire

No problem. Thanks anyways. I'll store your suggestions away and hopefully
I'll get the chance to sail to the bay area someday soon.

"jeannette" wrote in message
And I just noticed that you are talking about Malibu.... Duhhhhh!!!

Jeannette Bristol 32, San Francisco
http://www.eblw.com/contepartiro/contepartiro.html

Brien Alkire

Default Here's some info

Here's some information I found on the web:

http://www.californiasailingacademy.com/SMbay.htm

I'm definitely interested in hearing any info others might have.

Thanks.

Sam D.

"Brien Alkire" wrote in message
Here's some information I found on the web:

http://www.californiasailingacademy.com/SMbay.htm

Thanks for posting this link. Lots of useful info there.

Sam D.
A-2103, Marina del Rey

MonteP

"Sam D." wrote in news:101gr482jsntj43
@corp.supernews.com:

http://www.californiasailingacademy.com/SMbay.htm

site is a mess, links are dysfunctional obviously designed by someone who
bought a copy of 'Cool Wbsite Designing for Ultra-Dummies'. The only
'info' is self serving SPAM crap. And the guy who responded praising the
thing is just a shill.

--
"The Rule of Man may be seductive, but the Rule of Law does not carry
social diseases!
Sam D.

"MonteP" wrote in message
.. .
"Sam D." wrote in news:101gr482jsntj43
@corp.supernews.com:

http://www.californiasailingacademy.com/SMbay.htm

site is a mess, links are dysfunctional obviously designed by someone who
bought a copy of 'Cool Wbsite Designing for Ultra-Dummies'. The only
'info' is self serving SPAM crap. And the guy who responded praising the
thing is just a shill.

This was a link to ONE PAGE page of the web site and that one page was the
subject of my comment. Nobody was discussing or praising the site as a
whole. If you have better info to offer on Paradise Cove then I suggest you
do so and make a positive contribution here. I stand by what I said.

DirtCrashr

site is a mess, links are dysfunctional obviously designed by someone who
bought a copy of 'Cool Wbsite Designing for Ultra-Dummies'. The only
'info' is self serving

snip

This was a link to ONE PAGE page of the web site and that one page was the
subject of my comment. Nobody was discussing or praising the site as a
whole. If you have better info to offer on Paradise Cove then I suggest you
do so and make a positive contribution here. I stand by what I said.

"Sam D." wrote:

"Wbsite" ? I don't know who peed in his Wheaties but all the links
worked fine and the website was done well enough and hardly a mess...
Sheesh, anybody with a copy of FrontPage or Fireworks thinks they're a
designer.

-keith