Default For Herring at gfretwell, who think the French are weak.....

"JustWaitAFrekinMinute" wrote in message

On 9/1/2013 12:37 PM, John H wrote:
On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 12:10:34 -0400, "F.O.A.D."
wrote:

On 9/1/13 12:03 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 01 Sep 2013 10:55:30 -0400, "F.O.A.D."
wrote:

On 9/1/13 10:40 AM, iBoaterer wrote:

Let me guess, you two know more than this guy, right?

http://tinyurl.com/qf77s3q

One paragraph:

Those comments really get on my nerves. And they?re flat out
wrong. I
served with a few Legionnaires and a lot of regular French
troops.
Whatever the French public?s or government?s politics are, their
soldiers are brave, well-trained, in fantastic shape and
aggressive.
Describing those men as cowards is an absolutely unfair
characterization.

Herring's wartime soldiering ended the same way the French
soldier's
did...by pulling out of Vietnam. If memory serves, Fretwell was
in the
Coast Guard. Bert Robbins served stateside. The only action
flajim saw
was in a whore bar in Manilla. The four mouse-keteers.

We showed up at the recruiter and stuck our neck out. You were
still
hiding behind your 2-S thinking, service for your country was for
suckers. Thanks for pitching in.

My student classification ended when I got my B.A., and though I
informed it of my whereabouts, I never got a "you've been
reclassified,
report for a pre-induction physical" letter. I saw no reason to
support
a massive war against Vietnam then or now. The Vietnamese were no
threat
to the United States, and no matter what happened, they weren't
going to
be parachuting troops into Topeka.

Had I been drafted, I would have reported as ordered. But I wasn't.
got to go to Vietnam anyway. It was a beautiful country...too bad
we
bombed the crap out of it and used chemical warfare on it.

Thanks for your support, if you did what you say you did.

John (Gun Nut) H.

I graduated high school and turned 18 in '76 so I missed Vietnam...
Tried to get into the service twice, different story. Anyway, my view
as
a high school student was that we were there to keep the Russians from
owning that piece of real estate and thus, all the real estate around
it, Laos, Cambodia, etc... That is what I thought we were fighting for
over there.... based on what I knew as a typical kid from the East
Coast....

-------------------------------

Vietnam, Korea and some say even Iraq are modern day extensions of a
"Balance of Power" concept that dates back to Greek and Roman days
when those two countries had the greatest influence in the world. The
worlds' strongest nations ... economically and militarily .... have
had to assume roles that exercised their influence against other
strong nations that were ideologically opposed to the former and
represented threats to the global "Balance". The torch has been
passed many times over history. Best modern day examples are the USA
and the Soviet Union following WWII. Countries that could not
compete economically and militarily with the strongest (the
"Superpowers" in modern history) aligned themselves with one or the
other, depending on their ideological beliefs and/or which of the
strongest provided the most military and economic aid. It's the
reason the USA provides so much foreign aid. We are basically
"buying" allies.

It's been going on since civilization began.

The new threat to the Balance of Power are nations controlled by
Islamic fundamentalists (not your average Muslim) seeking to return
to Sharia Law and who see all western cultures and values as deviant
threats to their religious beliefs. In the West, we can't possibly
understand the concepts of women being regarded as second class
citizens to be beaten into submission or visions of 72 virgins as a
reward for blowing yourself up in a holy war, but they do.

I remember one of the elective courses I took shortly after leaving
the military in 1977. The Cold War was still going strong but the
professor warned that the future threats to Western civilizations
would be radical religious leaders waging terrorist style wars on
those opposed to them. He also predicted the emergence of China as an
economic superpower someday in the near future. Again, this was in
1977-1978.

Banned

On Sunday, September 1, 2013 4:58:04 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I graduated high school and turned 18 in '76 so I missed Vietnam...

Supposedly only two years older than me.....and you look 65...

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA

FCK you look old !!!

You and Krause make a fine pair....you LOOK old...and he IS old ...AND greasy.
Banned

On Monday, September 2, 2013 12:10:34 AM UTC-4, JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:

That was me that wrote that... I graduated in '76...

Aww darn...ya wrecked it for me...LOL

**** RICHARD REGARDLESS !!!!!!!!!!
Banned

On Monday, September 2, 2013 11:13:06 AM UTC-4, iBoaterer wrote:

You are greasy too.

As you are bald....LOL

An interesting take on OWS for gfretwell jps General 2 October 19th 11 09:08 AM
Ping: Gfretwell. Tim General 4 April 23rd 10 05:28 PM
For gfretwell: Tent Camping in St John Wayne.B General 8 December 11th 09 01:16 AM
new_Wb_58_Lewis R. French, a 130 year-old coasting schooner, built 1871 by the French bros., Christmas Cove, Me., Photographed on Eggemoggin Reach, Me._B. Mendlowitz_sqs squeegees Tall Ship Photos 0 September 21st 09 05:08 AM
Ping: gfretwell - Estero River Wayne.B General 10 March 8th 09 05:15 PM