Default A Friend of Herring's...

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 13:21:31 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 10:33:47 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 13:04:45 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 16:31:51 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

It was a figure of speech but you did make my point 200,000 of them
are in Miami, most running or working in some kind of small business.

Cite?

I don't know what you want me to cite. Just go there and drive around
a little, you will get it.

Cite "most running or working in some kind of small business".

So you haven't been there. Try it.
You will see block after block of little family run businesses.

I've been many times, and sometimes for extended lengths of time. You
see "blocks and blocks of little family run businesses" in other ethnic
neighborhoods as well. So your posit that it is a Cuban trait is silly.

I never said "Cuban trait" that is all you. It is very common among a
lot of immigrant cultures. You could attribute that to some native
entrepreneurship or just as a way to circumvent prejudice.
In Miami that is predominantly Cuban but there are also Haitian
neighborhoods along with some other Island cultures. Cubans are the
biggest force tho.

You still aren't able to come up with any statistic that shows that
"most" Cubans in Miami are running small businesses.

If I got a cite from the Miami chamber of commerce, would you shut up?
I doubt it.

The Miami chamber of commerce keeps statistics that state that Cubans
own small stores more than any other ethnic group? Please, do!

On 8/26/13 9:59 AM, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

According to the census 64% of the people in Miami are Latino

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/12/12086.html

60% of the businesses are owned by Latinos.
You have to assume they also hire a lot of Latinos to run the business

"Latino" in Miami is about half Cuban.
I am not sure what you want.

Wow...that must be one of the reasons why we so like to visit the Miami
area...great culture, great music, great food, and, of course, we speak
the language.

Viva America!

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

How in hell can you assume from those statistics that "most Cubans are
running or working in some kind of small business???? AND the 60% aren't
owned by Latinos, they specifically state "Hispanics". Hispanic
describes those whose origins are of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban,
Central or South American, or of some other Hispanic origin.

Friend of Herring jps General 17 December 1st 11 02:28 PM
Sent by same Rep Friend Gordon Cruising 1 February 13th 09 03:02 PM