Tim Tim is offline

Default Thoughts about MLK...

Thoughts on the anniversary of MLK's famous speech in DC...

He was kind, peaceful and loving, which comes as no surprise to me because he was an authentic believer in Jesus Christ and it shown through his words (as opposed to those like Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton who only use the preacher title for political gain). King wanted equality, to not have separate places to eat and drink, and to take his kids to amusement parks.

I feel that what has become of us today is really what some feel is revenge, or worse entitlement, for the sins of the past, and even King's descendants have expressed the need for people to work the relationships that we're supposed to have. King got his direction through the gospel of Jesus Christ, and therefore it makes sense, not the trumpeting of those demanding justice for crimes committed by the dead long ago.
For myself, I WANT to be a man who can be called upon by God to share the most perfect form if love I've ever known... But dang, some people make it so hard to do!...

I honor King through my own parents, who never raised us to hate anyone, a lesson that was supported by King's famous speech, and remember that like a billboard I saw many years ago stated, "no one is born a racist".

Maybe this year we can remember the love he spoke of and try to move that much closer to the dream...

IMHO

"Tim" wrote in message

[...]

--------------------------------------

An a wonderful opinion it is ..... worth spreading around

On 8/24/2013 11:42 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Very well said Tim. Thank you.

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 20:42:21 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

[...]

Well said, Tim.

However, denigrating 'entitlements' and promoting 'work' will get you labeled a racist here!

John (Gun Nut) H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

A few thoughts for those... HK General 42 July 1st 09 01:44 PM
AIS thoughts Gordon Cruising 8 August 19th 08 06:01 PM
a few thoughts... knu2xs General 0 April 9th 06 06:41 AM
a few thoughts... knu2xs Touring 0 April 9th 06 06:41 AM
Any thoughts Steven Bennett Touring 8 April 15th 04 03:37 PM