John Cotton

Default Replacing sail boat marine instruments.

I have the following Data Marine instruments on my boat all of which
are obsolete:

Wind indicator LX3600 S.N. 019251

Depth Finder 3030 S.N. 012616

Knotmeter S100 KL S.N. 041954

Depth- International Offshore Mod 3000

Knot Model A181

I do not need a new depth finder transducer, new wind vane, or a new
knot meter paddle wheel. However, I would like to replace at least the
first three of the above instruments with new ones that would operate
with the present transducer, wind vane and paddle wheel and fit
approximately in the same space on the bulkhead of my cockpit.

What products might fit my needs?

Matt Colie

John,

I understand very well what you would like to do, but I have to suggest
that you are second on line (abreviated SOL).

There are still -few- instruments made for the 4" hole mount, but
virtually noone will allow that their instrument will calibrate with any
one manufacture's transducer. Some depth sounders will, a very small
number of knotmeter logs can be made to and I have never known it to be
possible with the mast head unit.

The remaining round instrument suppliers that I know a SR Instrument
and Standard Horizon (both good companys with good history), and Signet
(a long standing company whose interest in support is waning).

You might consult directly the the technical support groups of the above
and confirm the tranducer compatibility.

That is probably not the answer you were hoping to get, but that is the
way it works. - Sorry -

If the exsisting instruments are functional, why do do want to replace them?

Good Luck

Matt Colie - Yachtsman's Technical Support www.yachtek.com

John Cotton wrote:
I have the following Data Marine instruments on my boat all of which
are obsolete:

Wind indicator LX3600 S.N. 019251

Depth Finder 3030 S.N. 012616

Knotmeter S100 KL S.N. 041954

Depth- International Offshore Mod 3000

Knot Model A181

I do not need a new depth finder transducer, new wind vane, or a new
knot meter paddle wheel. However, I would like to replace at least the
first three of the above instruments with new ones that would operate
with the present transducer, wind vane and paddle wheel and fit
approximately in the same space on the bulkhead of my cockpit.

What products might fit my needs?

Steve Thomas

You can also still find NOS Raytheon ST30 round Bidata instruments,
although the hole size is a bit smaller. Raymarine still listed them two
years ago, and I bought one last year on Ebay. Forget about the Datamarine
transducers if you choose Raymarine. While I am somewhat ambivalent about
their instruments, the ST buss makes repeater displays and information
sharing among devices, a snap.
The hard part is handing over all that money.

John Cotton wrote:
I have the following Data Marine instruments on my boat all of which
are obsolete:

Wind indicator LX3600 S.N. 019251

Depth Finder 3030 S.N. 012616

Knotmeter S100 KL S.N. 041954

Depth- International Offshore Mod 3000

Knot Model A181

I do not need a new depth finder transducer, new wind vane, or a new
knot meter paddle wheel. However, I would like to replace at least the
first three of the above instruments with new ones that would operate
with the present transducer, wind vane and paddle wheel and fit
approximately in the same space on the bulkhead of my cockpit.

What products might fit my needs?

The Carrolls

Moor seems to be producing the old SR mariner line of 4" instruments. I have
found them at http://www.esgdirect.bigstep.com/cat...tml?UCIDs=5783 ,
but cannot find their web page. You might look around.