Default Solution for pulling boat in driveway?

On Jun 6, 3:12*pm, True North wrote:
I was just thinking that.
In the marinas and yacht clubs, they seem to use some kind of tractor.
In one case I saw a ball attached to one of a forklifts forks.

Quit being so lazy and stupid, and LEARN to back the ****ing junk
up !!!

On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 12:25:46 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Actually, the only real tricky time is first time out in the spring, as I winter the boat up on blocks way back in front of my shed. It narrows up down there thanks to a fence and a stairway to my rear deck....giving a 'thread the needle' effect.
Sure wouldn't want to scratch the Highlander.

That's why you use a ground guide for backing.

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

On Wed, 05 Jun 2013 16:26:47 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 6/5/13 4:16 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article om, hank57
@socialworker.net says...

On 6/5/2013 3:25 PM, True North wrote:
Actually, the only real tricky time is first time out in the spring, as I winter the boat up on blocks way back in front of my shed. It narrows up down there thanks to a fence and a stairway to my rear deck....giving a 'thread the needle' effect.
Sure wouldn't want to scratch the Highlander.

No need to be intimidated by a fence or a stairway. Move em, dummy.

Gee, John just whined about Don's alleged name calling, I wonder if
he'll admonish you as well? I'd bet not.

Some posters here are interested in eliminating the snarliness and
name-calling and others, such as FlaJim/Hank, are not.

Where was this comment yesterday when Donnie was calling names?

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

Actually, you're getting me thinking.
I have a brother-in-laws who is quite handy with shady tree mechanics.
I just might throw this challenge at him.

On 6/6/2013 2:32 PM, Hank© wrote:
On 6/6/2013 2:23 PM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
On 6/6/2013 2:15 PM, True North wrote:
On Thursday, 6 June 2013 15:02:13 UTC-3, JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:
On 6/6/2013 12:47 PM, wrote:

On Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:12:15 -0400, Wayne B

wrote:

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013 08:27:46 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Take the high road, forget the past and just

try to get along, huh?

===

Good plan.

Hey the on topic plan lasted almost 4 days. It is a start.

To Donnie, have you looked at these?

http://www.powercaster.com/

You might be able to make one with a bit of ingenuity and the right

kind of motor. I think that if I was just using it next to the house

I would use an extension cord and an AC gear head motor.

Those things are a couple grand. I would do what you said, or like Tim

said, hook a winch to the trailer, and run it off the boat battery.

I'll rule that model out.
Smallest starts at $1025 and by the time I got it here with taxes,
shipping, brokerage & duty... probably close to $2K
Besides.. it doesn't use the trailers coupler... site says you somehow
insert the tongue jack on top of the dolly.
??? My tongue jack has a big 8" wheel.

Seriously Don... Get to craigs list and get a 6 hp rototiller... Remove
the blade and have sombody bolt or weld a ball on the thing... Just find
one for a couple hundred bucks that is self propelled and look up
anybody locally with a set of end wrenches and a welder, another 35
dollars and maybe even a case of beer and you are golden...

What would drive it if you tale the augers off?

The drive wheels.

http://www.newhavenpower.com/Troyhorse.jpg

Default TS ANDREA

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:49:35 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Wayne B" wrote in message
.. .

------------------------
Been following your progress on the "Wayne Spot". Looks like you
are well away from any effects of "Andrea".
Getting to be a dicey area down there this time of year.

====

We altered our return route to keep us out of harms way. Right now
we're in the mid-Exumas (eastern Bahamas), getting some rain but the
wind is manageable. Storm is already going up the coast at this point
but some of the outer bands are still swirling around here.

I had originally planned to go up Old Bahamas Channel, off the Cuban
coast, directly to the Keys. Unfortunately that would have taken us
directly towards the storm and with no place to hide. Discretion
being the better part of valor, we opted for the more conventional
route.