Default Solution for pulling boat in driveway?

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 23:51:19 -0700, jps wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:49:48 -0400, Wayne B
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:06:46 -0700, jps wrote:

When you consider black on black crime, consider the lack of
opportunity and you'll have your answer.

====

Lack of opportunity is due to a lack of marketable skills. Lack of
marketable skills is due to lack of strong family role models and
support. Lack of strong family role models and support is due to a
cultural issue.

Until someone can solve the unwed mother issue and the "Uncle Tom"
issue, nothing is going to change. Ebonics and a 6th grade education
does not cut the mustard in the real world.

Baloney.

====

If you think that's baloney then you are not fully conversant with
alll of the facts or you are in denial.

wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:06:46 -0700, jps wrote:

When you consider black on black crime, consider the lack of
opportunity and you'll have your answer.

====

Lack of opportunity is due to a lack of marketable skills. Lack of
marketable skills is due to lack of strong family role models and
support. Lack of strong family role models and support is due to a
cultural issue.

Until someone can solve the unwed mother issue and the "Uncle Tom"
issue, nothing is going to change. Ebonics and a 6th grade education
does not cut the mustard in the real world.

Baloney.

====

If you think that's baloney then you are not fully conversant with
alll of the facts or you are in denial.

Lack of marketable skills certainly is a chiller in terms of getting a
job. Your pinning the lack of those skills on "lack of a strong family
role model and support" due to "cultural issues," "unwed mother issue,
"Uncle Tom" issue and "ebonics" are overly general and put the cart
before the horse. The root causes are hundreds of years of racism and
poverty.

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:22:49 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 6/14/13 10:13 AM, Wayne B wrote:

If you think that's baloney then you are not fully conversant with
alll of the facts or you are in denial.

Lack of marketable skills certainly is a chiller in terms of getting a
job. Your pinning the lack of those skills on "lack of a strong family
role model and support" due to "cultural issues," "unwed mother issue,
"Uncle Tom" issue and "ebonics" are overly general and put the cart
before the horse. The root causes are hundreds of years of racism and
poverty.

Latinos have the same issues with education, racism and poverty along
with a language issue but they seem to succeed at a far higher rate.
The difference is a better family structure. When that family
structure fails, they end up in similar circumstances.

Unfortunately the government welfare programs encourage mothers not
having a man in the house since that cuts the amount of assistance
they can receive.

Again, it's a product of their environment thing. If the parents, and
others in the family worked hard to better themselves and get ahead, the
kids then tend to. If the parents and others in the family think that
selling crack on the street corner in the hood is a valuable life
lesson, then the kids tend to do so as well. Damned shame, and I'm not
sure what the answer is.

On 6/14/13 1:37 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 6/14/13 12:48 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 12:07:09 -0400,
wrote:

Proof the whole lot of goofballs will talk about anything.

You have to read it this way:

"If I had a boat, I would buy a __________."

... bunch of gas and run the boat several times a week?.

In the summers when I was a kid, there was a two mile stretch of rocky
shoreline near where we stayed and where stripers were known to hang
out. There was enough water to safely float the typical 14' flatbottom
rowboat, but you had to row because your lower unit would strike the
underwater rocks. So we tipped up the motor, and used corks to keep the
sandworms we were dragging up near the surface. Typically, you went out
with one other guy, and each of you rowed one half the distance of the
stretch. A 3 hp Evinrude was the motor of choice to get there and back.
Usually the boat was a mess of worm blood and fish guts by the time we
got back, so we'd detach the motor and run it in a barrel of fresh
water, empty out the boat and then tip it over and flush it out with
sal****er.

Simpler days and, I think, a lot more fun.

But then you make fun of people here with similar boats and interests.

No one here I am aware of boats in a 14 foot rowboat with a 3 horse
outboard and fishes for stripers.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

True, I do however have a 12 foot jon with a trolling motor that I fish
out of from time to time.

On 6/14/13 2:06 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

A. I was unaware you had such a boat and,
B. therefore, I haven't made fun of it.

I've fished for smallmouth bass from a canoe with no motor. Why would I
"make fun" of someone who fishes from a jon boat?

Stop looking for arguments, eh?

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

You made fun of Scotty's boat many many times. And his boat looked like
a good boat to fish out of. I'm thinking of actually getting one of
those inner tube looking jobs for river trout! Kind of like this, but
I'm a lot more handsome!

http://tinyurl.com/n4llso7