Default Solution for pulling boat in driveway?

In article , says...

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 11:28:17 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:10:02 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 6/10/13 7:42 AM, True North wrote:
Don't need a gun up here...the local boaters are all friendly and helpful if you need it.

I don't know the context here, since I don't know what you are
responding to, but the murder rate per 100,000 people is 2.8 to 3 times
higher in the United States than it is in Canada.

Among modern Western democracies, the United States is the leader in
murder rate and in percentage of population incarcerated. Not statistics
about which to brag, eh?

The murder rate of black males is over 10 times that of white males
and the only reason Travonn got any attention at all is because he was
killed by a white man. The vast majority are killed by other black
men. (usually involved in drug gangs) Everyone seems to ignore those
statistics and those victims

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwr...01a14.htm#tab1

I feel very safe on my boat. I have a better chance of being killed by
a "go fast" boat than any other threat. I certainly do not think a gun
would make me safer.

According to the NRA, you're always safer with a gun.

You could shoot a boat out of the water that was threatening you,
after all.

Or sink it before it got to you, if you have a fully automatic machine
gun. Bullet holes in a hull dampen lift dramatically.

When seconds count, the police are minutes away!

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:06:46 -0700, jps wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:11:02 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 11:42:01 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 6/10/13 11:28 AM,
wrote:

Among modern Western democracies, the United States is the leader in
murder rate and in percentage of population incarcerated. Not statistics
about which to brag, eh?

The murder rate of black males is over 10 times that of white males
and the only reason Travonn got any attention at all is because he was
killed by a white man. The vast majority are killed by other black
men. (usually involved in drug gangs) Everyone seems to ignore those
statistics and those victims

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwr...01a14.htm#tab1

I feel very safe on my boat. I have a better chance of being killed by
a "go fast" boat than any other threat. I certainly do not think a gun
would make me safer.

My comment had nothing to do with race. Your interjection of it is like
saying that welfare in the United States is not really a problem,
because the majority of recipients are...white.

The point is that the United States has the highest murder rate of any
modern Western democracy. That the murder rate of blacks on blacks is
higher than the murder rate of whites on whites is not relevant to my
posit.

Gosh, if it weren't for the presence of women, we wouldn't have any out
of wedlock births, eh?

Silliness in the extremis.

It is not silly to look at the source of more than half of the murders
and a group that exceeds the others by a factor of 11.
It is not as much race as the culture and economics in our inner
cities but the point is this is not really a problem in most of the
US,
It is certainly not an issue where most of us boat and that is what we
should be looking at on this BB.
If I felt it was necessary to carry a gun, I would move ... Oh wait, I
did.

Meanwhile back to parking BOAT trailers
I did like the looks of that dolly Don posted and it was only $400

Early in my career in high tech, an IBM exec I was visiting in Atlanta
(who was raised in Jacksonville, FL) asked me what our technology and
product would do to address the problem of the disenfranchised black
male in our society.

He had vision and was a corporate executive. I wish more people
thought like that.

When you consider black on black crime, consider the lack of
opportunity and you'll have your answer.

It sure as **** isn't guns or drugs, but that's what we've supplied
them.

Absolutely. And when you consider the lack of opportunity, consider the contributions made by the
Democrats in many of the most crime-ridden cities:

Interesting........
City, State, % of People Below the Poverty Level
1. Detroit, MI 32.5%
2. Buffalo, NY 29..9%
3. Cincinnati, OH 27.8%
4. Cleveland, OH 27.0%
5. Miami, FL 26.9%
5. St. Louis, MO 26.8%
7. El Paso, TX 26.4%
8. Milwaukee, WI 26.2%
9. Philadelphia, PA 25.1%
10. Newark, NJ 24.2%

U.S. Census Bureau, 2006 American Community Survey, August 2007

What do the top ten cities (over 250,000) with the highest poverty
rate all have in common? Democrat mayors.

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a
Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)...since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)...since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)....since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)...since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)...since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)...since 1907.

Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same
thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

On 6/13/2013 7:31 AM, John H wrote:
JPS Says-
Early in my career in high tech, an IBM exec I was visiting in Atlanta
(who was raised in Jacksonville, FL) asked me what our technology and
product would do to address the problem of the disenfranchised black
male in our society.

He had vision and was a corporate executive. I wish more people
thought like that.

What was his vision. Television, ankle bracelets? What?

When you consider black on black crime, consider the lack of
opportunity and you'll have your answer.

The oportunity is there. Statistics prove it. 10:1 ratio B on B vs other

It sure as **** isn't guns or drugs, but that's what we've supplied
them.

What we supplied them?

[...]

"Foster poverty-go democratic". Hey, that would fit nicely on a bumper
sticker.

jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

Can't believe the % rate is any better out in the country where
there's little to earn and meth heads abound.

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:11:02 -0400, wrote:

It is not as much race as the culture and economics in our inner
cities

====

Exactly, it's all about drug culture if you can call it that. Some
would say that drug culture is an oxymoron.

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:06:46 -0700, jps wrote:

When you consider black on black crime, consider the lack of
opportunity and you'll have your answer.

====

Lack of opportunity is due to a lack of marketable skills. Lack of
marketable skills is due to lack of strong family role models and
support. Lack of strong family role models and support is due to a
cultural issue.

Until someone can solve the unwed mother issue and the "Uncle Tom"
issue, nothing is going to change. Ebonics and a 6th grade education
does not cut the mustard in the real world.

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:45:58 -0700, jps wrote:

Can't believe the % rate is any better out in the country where
there's little to earn and meth heads abound.

====

Same problem, different race, different location.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

The Census department sets rural poverty rates at around 15%.
One thing you seem to be missing is it is easier to live outside the
city on less money.
People in the south make less money than a lot of northern cities but
the cost of living is less.

As for Dem v Rep. A democrat is more likely to reach into the public
treasury and give away money.

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw,

And this is why red states take more money from the feds and blue put
more money into the feds?

That's a pretty funny interpretation of Shaw.