Default Solution for pulling boat in driveway?

True North wrote:
On Wednesday, 5 June 2013 16:16:01 UTC-3, JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:
On 6/5/2013 2:53 PM, wrote:

On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 14:33:31 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...
On Wed, 5 Jun 2013 06:51:46 -0700 (PDT), True North
wrote:
This thing would be eco friendly and should last a lifetime.
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ472874840
I move my boat around with the golf cart
That'll work! I move my around the back with my lawn tractor.
That is how I mow under the boat (pull it out with the lawn tractor,
mow and push it back).

Talking to Tim this morning.. He suggested one of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...result?q=winch

mounted to the front of the trailer. Run a cable to your boat battery or

outlet. Hook the other end where ever you want to go...

Saw something a bit bizarre at Princess Auto yesterday and had to ask the clerk how it worked.
Seems it's a combination tongue jack and dolly.
Has two small 8"?? wheels with a chain wrapped around a sprocket on the axle and leading back to a crank handle.
You can use it to raise & lower or to crawl along.
I'm sure you'd be tired cranking the handle before you got two far.

"two far"? Please refrain from posting your spellcheck posts until you
are capable of posting perfectly every time.

True North wrote:
Actually, I do back it in but if the street is busy and I don't have the wife watching for pedestrians or stationery objects
it can get a bit tricky.
Just looking for a way to make it easier and more enjoyable.

Got a neighbor friend who can stand in for your wife?
jps jps is offline

wrote:

This thing would be eco friendly and should last a lifetime.
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ472874840

Holy crap. You got 100 entries on this thread.

Proof the whole lot of goofballs will talk about anything.

On Jun 8, 1:09*pm, JustWaitAFrekinMinute
wrote:
On 6/8/2013 1:04 PM, True North wrote:

Actually, I do back it in but if the street is busy and I don't have the wife watching for pedestrians or stationery objects
it can get a bit tricky.
Just looking for a way to make it easier and more enjoyable.

Are you planning on bring it in backwards, or are you gonna' spin it at
the end of the drive? Still might take a look at a front hitch. They
make hidden ones and you would avoid not being able to see where you are
putting the trailer... You should be able to see enough facing the boat
as opposed to backwards out the back window...

Cockhole Donnie is just too ****ing stupid to know how to backup
anything.

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...ft-parts-trail...

Holy crap. *You got 100 entries on this thread.

Proof the whole lot of goofballs will talk about anything.

....and once again, jps...you add NOTHING of ANY use...**** off.

I backed you up pretty darn quick when I travelled to your neck of the woods last September.

That old heavy duty winch was in jest, but if there was a suitable, reasonable alternative I'd be interested.
The $400 model I first considered might be the most practical, assuming the made in China dolly is reliable.

On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 20:45:00 -0400, Earl wrote:

True North wrote:
Actually, I do back it in but if the street is busy and I don't have the wife watching for pedestrians or stationery objects
it can get a bit tricky.
Just looking for a way to make it easier and more enjoyable.

Got a neighbor friend who can stand in for your wife?

I've got one across the street that I use. She's about 26, great body, beautiful face, etc.

Is that what you mean? :)

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 10:04:47 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Actually, I do back it in but if the street is busy and I don't have the wife watching for pedestrians or stationery objects
it can get a bit tricky.
Just looking for a way to make it easier and more enjoyable.

I back my 33' fifth wheel into the driveway every time we go out. Once I get positioned to begin
backing, it never takes long to get the whole rig off the street.

My advice - try backing in a few times on a quiet Sunday morning while everyone's still in bed.
After a few trys, you'll pull up, crank the wheel a bit, and put it where you want it. Yeah, you may
get yourself jacked a time or two, or have to pull up to pull over, but you'll very soon get very
good at it, especially with the Highlander.

Quit worrying about the neighbors. They'll understand.

John H.

wrote:

This thing would be eco friendly and should last a lifetime.
http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ472874840

Holy crap. You got 100 entries on this thread.

Proof the whole lot of goofballs will talk about anything.

Wait until he asks for ideas on how to arm himself for self-defense on the boat. Personally, I'd
recommend the Sig Sauer P250 sub-compact in 9mm.

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!