Default I won't be there...

....but I hope some of you righties are participating:

Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To ‘Put The
Government On Notice’

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C.
where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying
guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian
radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience”
that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”

The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent
demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:

This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We
will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the
government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in
submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of
government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless
the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical
resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people
are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the
politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not
be welcome in the land of the free.

There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has
been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if
anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of
the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly
saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet
than live on our knees.

It is not exactly clear whether Kokesh will carry through with the
event, since he says it needs to reach a critical mass of 10,000 RSVPs
first. However, the National Rifle Association is newly reenergized
after the Senate filibuster of background check legislation.

Salon’s Alex Seitz-Wald notes that Kokesh has expressed increasingly
radical views on his show and on Twitter. Just this week, he called for
the abolishment of the U.S. government.

Generally, open carry demonstrations have occurred in places with weaker
gun laws, as well as a litmus test for how far gun violence laws can be
challenged. Most recently, a group of men brought their rifles to
intimidate moms who rallied for action on gun violence. “Another group
brought guns into a Virginia public library full of children, while
demonstrators in Oregon brandished assault rifles in the State Capitol.

http://tinyurl.com/c9dwg76

- - - - -

It'll be wonderful if these bozos show up in DC open carrying loaded
firearms. Confrontations, arrests, possibly gunfire, demonstrators shot
and killed, why, what could be more fun?

In article , says...

On Mon, 06 May 2013 20:51:23 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

[...]

They won't get to the Beltway.

They are planning on crossing Memorial Bridge. The guy pushing the even, Adam Kokesh, is a
confrontationalist and his motives are suspect.

I wouldn't want to be facing a DC cop who has his finger on the trigger of his Glock. They
were shooting themselves in the leg and foot a few years ago when they were pulling the
pistols out of the holsters with their finger on the trigger.