Default Everything you need to know about gun death statistics...

....is right here in this news article:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/22034204/police-investigating-double-homicide-ft-myers#.UXR2EkrlXQp

Unfortunately similar stories play out across the country almost every
day.

I find it hard to believe that any kind of new legislation is going to
prevent this kind of nonsense which is being driven primarily by drug
culture, and glorified by rap music. It's very difficult to fix
cultural and lifestyle issues with legislation. What is needed is
good old fashioned leadership from the communities involved and we
aren't getting it.

"Wayne B" wrote in message

....is right here in this news article:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/22034204/police-investigating-double-homicide-ft-myers#.UXR2EkrlXQp

Unfortunately similar stories play out across the country almost every
day.

I find it hard to believe that any kind of new legislation is going to
prevent this kind of nonsense which is being driven primarily by drug
culture, and glorified by rap music. It's very difficult to fix
cultural and lifestyle issues with legislation. What is needed is
good old fashioned leadership from the communities involved and we
aren't getting it.

Just this morning Mrs. E. and I were discussing the "cultural" changes
we have witnessed over the years . We both agreed that part of it is
because we are both becoming "old farts" and are probably not as open
to change as we were many years ago. But I also keep hearing from
those "progressives" in the world that it's due to changing
demographics as they relate to values and morals. That cracks me up.
Changing demographics apparently must include relieving parents of
many of their responsibilities of instilling values and morals in
their kids and leaving those duties in the hands of schools and
shrinks who typically just prescribe pills to correct any attitude
problems in the youth of today.

My father's pill was an inch and a half wide leather belt. Rarely
used it but just the thought of it was effective.

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:14:24 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Wayne B" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

====

When the parents are little more than children themselves, and
frequently missing in action, there isn't a high probabability of
successful child rearing. That's why we need more leadership from
the communities in my opinion, but it doesn' seem to be happening.
Someone has to figure out a way to change the culture.

"Wayne B" wrote in message

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:14:24 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Wayne B" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I think it has to start very early in someone's life and it has to
come from the parents (or parent).
The parental image in a kid's mind has to be one of both love and
discipline, led by example and it has to be consistent in terms of
uniformity.
You can't "out source" that to the school systems, which is what is
happening today. The other day when someone was posting something
about raising taxes to fund "pre-kindergarten" programs, I almost fell
off my chair. Still haven't got up.

"Wayne B" wrote in message

[...]

Since the 1980's, the economy has been such that most middle and lower
income families cannot survive on one paycheck. That's a big part of why
there are so many pre-school programs for small children.

"Wayne B" wrote in message

[...]

Maybe fewer children out of wedlock (DC is pushing 80%), fewer inner-city drug dealers, more schools
and parents devoted to education and not the union or the welfare check, and fewer big cities run by
uncaring Democrats would go far towards helping the problem.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling' - the liberals' last stand.

Death statistics Eisboch[_8_] General 186 February 23rd 13 10:50 PM
Some interesting statistics John H.[_5_] General 3 July 22nd 12 08:09 PM
Statistics [email protected] ASA 1 August 19th 07 09:00 AM
Boating statistics C. Nelson General 1 April 4th 04 06:03 AM