BoatBanter.com

-   -   The Latest Water Toy (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/156744-latest-water-toy.html)

Wayne B April 10th 13 04:38 AM

The Latest Water Toy

It's called a "Jump Board" or something like that. I've seen some
spectacular swan dives from 20 to 30 feet up.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/5k3y3a.jpg

BAR[_2_] April 10th 13 01:04 PM

The Latest Water Toy

In article ,
says...

It's called a "Jump Board" or something like that. I've seen some
spectacular swan dives from 20 to 30 feet up.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/5k3y3a.jpg

What is the GPS, gallons per second, for air time.

Wayne B April 10th 13 01:30 PM

The Latest Water Toy

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:04:31 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

It's called a "Jump Board" or something like that. I've seen some
spectacular swan dives from 20 to 30 feet up.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/5k3y3a.jpg

What is the GPS, gallons per second, for air time.

====

Don't know but since the power source is a Jetski, probably about the
same fuel burn. There is a long, flexible hose running from the
output of the Jetski to the bottom of the board. The Jetski operator
controls the power, and the person on the board has limited
maneuverability by doing subtle weight shifts.

True North[_2_] April 10th 13 04:50 PM

The Latest Water Toy

On Wednesday, 10 April 2013 09:30:01 UTC-3, Wayne B wrote:
On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:04:31 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,

says...

It's called a "Jump Board" or something like that. I've seen some

spectacular swan dives from 20 to 30 feet up.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/5k3y3a.jpg

What is the GPS, gallons per second, for air time.

====

Don't know but since the power source is a Jetski, probably about the

same fuel burn. There is a long, flexible hose running from the

output of the Jetski to the bottom of the board. The Jetski operator

controls the power, and the person on the board has limited

maneuverability by doing subtle weight shifts.

Here's Newfoundland commedian, Rick Mercer, 'FlyBoarding' out in Alberta for his weekly national tv show last summer.
Yes, he did sail with us on the Mirage 33 when he lived here.
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows...ID/2280843934/

True North[_2_] April 10th 13 04:57 PM

The Latest Water Toy

On Wednesday, 10 April 2013 09:30:01 UTC-3, Wayne B wrote:
On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 08:04:31 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,

says...

It's called a "Jump Board" or something like that. I've seen some

spectacular swan dives from 20 to 30 feet up.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/5k3y3a.jpg

What is the GPS, gallons per second, for air time.

====

Don't know but since the power source is a Jetski, probably about the

same fuel burn. There is a long, flexible hose running from the

output of the Jetski to the bottom of the board. The Jetski operator

controls the power, and the person on the board has limited

maneuverability by doing subtle weight shifts.

Pretty sure that I saw an item that stated the latest version of 'FlyBoarding' is done with a drone type of tow vehicle operated by the same person strapped to the hoses and jetpack.

iBoaterer[_3_] April 10th 13 06:58 PM

The Latest Water Toy

In article ,
says...

[...]

All Newfies are comedians, just listen to them speak!