Michael LaChance

Default newbie question: What is saildrive?

I've seen Saildrive referenced with Volve engines, such as "Volvo Penta with
Saildrive".

Blazer

"Michael LaChance" wrote in message
news
I've seen Saildrive referenced with Volve engines, such as "Volvo Penta

with
Saildrive".

Let google be your friend .............
http://www.saildrive280.com/

Jeff Morris

That's a pretty wimpy saildrive. Here's some real manly saildrives:
http://www.yanmar.com/marine/pdfs2/SD.pdf
The Yanmars are pretty close to the Volvos - I assume they're made under license.

"Blazer" wrote in message

"Michael LaChance" wrote in message
news
I've seen Saildrive referenced with Volve engines, such as "Volvo Penta

with
Saildrive".

Let google be your friend .............
http://www.saildrive280.com/

Greg

I checked out the web site links. Interesting as I have wondered about the
details myself. I still am uncertain as to why they are so expensive. The
price seems double what it should be, based on outboards and the additional
hardware and installation costs. I have only seen one installed, on an
O'Day 23, and it was a quick look.
Greg Luckett