Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Pacific cat by Newport

Hi

I am currently a monohuller that is wanting to get a smaller cat for
playing with. Actually we are mostly wanting to use it for a kid's
sailing club we are starting up (totally volunteer effort). I have
the opportunity to buy a Pacific Cat (18') by Newport Boats, but know
nothng about them. Does anyone know if they are any good? are they
fast? are they easy to sail? do they have any nasty habits? are they
stable? do they do well to windward? etc.

I have searched the internet and can find nothing about them - not
even a mention...until a question on alt.sailing, which since june has
not been answered by return posting.

Thanks,

Pounnii