BoatBanter.com

-   -   Its Friday... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/155635-its-friday.html)

Tim April 5th 13 12:37 PM

Its Friday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVq7VNUPx0

F.O.A.D. April 5th 13 12:56 PM

Its Friday...

On 4/5/13 7:37 AM, Tim wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVq7VNUPx0

Not bad, but Al Green's version is better, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrXi5Dwk2I

Earl[_80_] April 6th 13 03:32 AM

Its Friday...

Tim wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVq7VNUPx0

They used to play this every Friday at 5:00 when I lived up north years
ago. I' not sure of the connection to the day.

Tim April 6th 13 03:50 AM

Its Friday...

On Apr 5, 6:56*am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 4/5/13 7:37 AM, Tim wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVq7VNUPx0

Not bad, but Al Green's version is better, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrXi5Dwk2I

I like Al's too, but nothing beats the version by Foghat when I'm in
a rockin' mood. BTW, I never really cared for the edition by the
Talking Heads though it was really popular with the 'new wave' crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ar2VHW1i2w

?;^ )

iBoaterer[_3_] April 6th 13 03:13 PM

Carnival Triumph -- again

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 16:28:41 -0400, Gogarty
wrote:

So the poor ship got smacked by a squall, broker her mooring lines and
smashed into an adjacent cargo vessel. Stuff happens. But watching the
people on CNBC, the financial all-day TV show, scream and shout and wave
their arms about you would have thoought it was the Titanic all over
again. Ships are complex things always at the mercy of wind and water.

It was just trying to escape ;-)

It's the Christine of ships!!

iBoaterer[_3_] April 6th 13 03:16 PM

Its Friday...

In article , earl9540
@hotmail.com says...

Tim wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVq7VNUPx0

They used to play this every Friday at 5:00 when I lived up north years
ago. I' not sure of the connection to the day.

A lot of bands did version of it, Al Green wrote it.

F.O.A.D. April 6th 13 03:18 PM

Carnival Triumph -- again

wrote:

So the poor ship got smacked by a squall, broker her mooring lines and
smashed into an adjacent cargo vessel. Stuff happens. But watching the
people on CNBC, the financial all-day TV show, scream and shout and wave
their arms about you would have thoought it was the Titanic all over
again. Ships are complex things always at the mercy of wind and water.

It was just trying to escape ;-)

It's the Christine of ships!!

I have a feeling the Carnival line will soon try to make people forget
it all by changing the corporate name to something else. Hmmm. How
about...Titanic Cruise Lines. :)

iBoaterer[_3_] April 6th 13 03:20 PM

Its Friday...

In article , earl9540
@hotmail.com says...

Tim wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXVq7VNUPx0

They used to play this every Friday at 5:00 when I lived up north years
ago. I' not sure of the connection to the day.

Also, the Al Green version will get you moving!! I never heard it played
on Friday drive time in my area, though and like you I wonder why!

Good old Al Green funk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngrXi5Dwk2I

F.O.A.D. April 6th 13 08:22 PM

Carnival Triumph -- again

On 4/6/13 3:18 PM, Gogarty wrote:
In article ,
says...

(Snip)

I have a feeling the Carnival line will soon try to make people forget
it all by changing the corporate name to something else. Hmmm. How
about...Titanic Cruise Lines. :)

Don't think so. Carnival Line turned up as a question on Jeopardy a few days
ago. Those questions are planted to guage public knowledge of a company or
product.

"What is the name of a badly managed cruise line," for $10.00?

Hank©[_2_] April 6th 13 09:27 PM

Carnival Triumph -- again

On 4/6/2013 3:22 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 4/6/13 3:18 PM, Gogarty wrote:
In article ,

says...

(Snip)

I have a feeling the Carnival line will soon try to make people forget
it all by changing the corporate name to something else. Hmmm. How
about...Titanic Cruise Lines. :)

Don't think so. Carnival Line turned up as a question on Jeopardy a
few days
ago. Those questions are planted to guage public knowledge of a
company or
product.

"What is the name of a badly managed cruise line," for $10.00?

What's the name of a badly managed consulting organization. Fill in the
blanks

K_AUSE A_D ASS_ _IA_ES