Default Why we can't...

....have nice things in this country. Why, because the country is being
ruined by bat**** crazy conservatives.

Idaho investigates complaint about science teacher's human reproduction
lesson

DIETRICH, Idaho - A Dietrich science teacher is being investigated by
the state’s professional standards commission after a complaint from
parents over his teaching methods.

Tim McDaniel is being investigated after a complaint was filed by a
handful of parents who objected to how McDaniel taught the reproductive
system, Dietrich Superintendent Neil Hollingshead said.

“It is highly unlikely it would end with his dismissal,” Hollingshead
said. “Maybe a letter of reprimand from the school board.”

According to McDaniel, four parents were offended that he explained the
biology of an orgasm and included the word “vagina” during his lesson on
the human reproductive system in a tenth-grade biology course.

“I teach straight out of the textbook, I don’t include anything that the
textbook doesn’t mention,” McDaniel said. “But I give every student the
option not attend this class when I teach on the reproductive system if
they don’t feel comfortable with the material.”

The science teacher said he has taught Dietrich’s science classes for
the past 18 years without receiving a complaint from parents or students.

According to McDaniel, the commission is also investigating a complaint
that accuses him of using school property to promote a political
candidate. The complaint was because he showed the climate change film
“An Inconvenient Truth,” also in his science class.

McDaniel said he includes the film to spark a discussion on climate
change among the students. After watching the film, he asks students to
write a response paper explaining their thoughts on climate change.

“I’m not looking for one answer, I just want them to be able to explain
what they believe,” he said.

McDaniel declined to name the parents who filed the complaint. They
could not be reached in time for this report.

The investigation prompted a Facebook group titled “SAVE THE SCIENCE
TEACHER!!”, dedicated to supporting McDaniel.

McDaniel is hoping group members will write to the state commission
supporting his teaching content and methods.

“This sort of thing makes you worry about what you teach,” he said.
“That’s not right.”

Along with the standards commission, the issue is also being brought
before the Dietrich school board, Hollingshead said.

Hollingshead said the board is reviewing the situation but no decision
has been made.

While McDaniel feels confident he won’t be fired, he said he doesn’t
think it’s fair if he has to sign a letter of reprimand.

“I’ve done nothing wrong,” he said. “I told them I won’t sign it.”

http://tinyurl.com/csbl98u

On 3/28/2013 10:12 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
....have nice things in this country. Why, because the country is being
ruined by bat**** crazy conservatives and bat**** crazy liberal democrats and bat**** crazy progressives and bat**** crazy moral less agnostics and athiests.

I'm with you there, brother.

On 3/28/2013 9:34 AM, Hank© wrote:
On 3/28/2013 10:12 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

....have nice things in this country.

Many of us do have nice things, but some
have been hurt by the slow growth high tax
policys, causing high unemployment and high
part time employment.
Even so, the capitalist system brings a better
standard of living to the rich and the poor.
Of those considered poor;
99.8% have electricity (this is my number)
81% own a Microwave
71% own at least one vcr
65% own more than one tv
65% own at least one DVD player
64% have cable or satellite tv
62% own a clothes washer
60% own a cordless phone
55% one a cordless phone
Try being poor in North Korea or the ten poorest countries in the world
where the per capita income is less than $1,000.
Most of these poor don't have electricity.
Get out and enjoy,
Mikek

jps jps is offline

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:12:42 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

[...]

Idaho is fighting with Kansas for the dumbest ****in' state north of
the deep south.

[...]

If he showed the Al Gore film and presented it as fact, he deserves to be fired.

Amen. ESAD or FOAD...whichever you prefer.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' last resort.