BoatBanter.com

-   -   Wonder how the narrow minded faction of the right wing likes this (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/155528-wonder-how-narrow-minded-faction-right-wing-likes.html)

iBoaterer[_3_] March 26th 13 07:46 PM

Wonder how the narrow minded faction of the right wing likes this

NRA making robocalls to residents of Newtown. Goes to show you what pigs
they really are. I'm sure that Herring and Scotty won't say a word about
it, unless they think it's a great idea.

http://tinyurl.com/cyd426h

F.O.A.D. March 26th 13 07:57 PM

iBoaterer wrote:
NRA making robocalls to residents of Newtown. Goes to show you what pigs
they really are. I'm sure that Herring and Scotty won't say a word about
it, unless they think it's a great idea.

http://tinyurl.com/cyd426h

Scotty probably runs the robocall machine

Urin Asshole March 27th 13 01:07 AM

Wonder how the narrow minded faction of the right wing likes this

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 20:28:59 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 19:26:27 -0400, Wayne B
wrote:

"The people Newtown" can just hang up like everyone else. If it were
up to me, all RoboCalls would be outlawed. At least with a real
person you can patiently explain how they just broke the law by
calling someone on the "Do Not Call" list.

Yeah That will scare them. What is the conviction rate on that crime?
0.000001%?

The do not call list is as big a joke as thinking all of those gun
runners will submit background checks.

There are imperfect means to figure out who is calling.

And dippy if there's a required trace on all guns, the gun runners
will have a tougher time peddling their death and destrcution.

Eisboch[_8_] March 27th 13 01:33 AM

"Urin Asshole" wrote in message

And dippy if there's a required trace on all guns, the gun runners
will have a tougher time peddling their death and destrcution.

--------------------------------

The problem is nobody knows for sure how many guns currently exist in
the US. Most states do not require registration so there's no way of
tracing them.

The best estimates are between 200 million and 350 million privately
owned guns. Even if a federal registration law was passed tomorrow,
that's quite an inventory of potentially available guns with no record
of ownership or traceability.

Wayne B March 27th 13 02:24 AM

Wonder how the narrow minded faction of the right wing likes this

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 18:06:37 -0700, Urin Asshole
wrote:

Right, but that has nothing to do with the point. The point is that
the NRA is being more obnoxious than usual with these calls to the
people Newtown.

========

"The people Newtown" can just hang up like everyone else. If it were
up to me, all RoboCalls would be outlawed. At least with a real
person you can patiently explain how they just broke the law by
calling someone on the "Do Not Call" list.

Yes, they can. That again isn't the point. The point is that the NRA
doesn't give a **** about people. They care about their benefactors,
the gun manufacturers.

====

I guess there's a reason why they don't call themselves the National
People's Association. There's no question that the NRA is over the
top on some issues but they're up against some stiff opposition, and
there are multiple sides to every position. In many respects the
whole thing comes down to modern urban America vs old time rural
America - two totally different cultures and points of view on a lot
of different issues. As a kid I had one grandmother who lived miles
down a country road in a very rural area. She always kept a shotgun
behind the kitchen door and knew how to use it. It would have taken
an hour for any law enforcement agency to get there if they could even
find it.

Urin Asshole March 27th 13 04:26 AM

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:33:43 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Urin Asshole" wrote in message
.. .

And dippy if there's a required trace on all guns, the gun runners
will have a tougher time peddling their death and destrcution.

--------------------------------

The problem is nobody knows for sure how many guns currently exist in
the US. Most states do not require registration so there's no way of
tracing them.

The best estimates are between 200 million and 350 million privately
owned guns. Even if a federal registration law was passed tomorrow,
that's quite an inventory of potentially available guns with no record
of ownership or traceability.

Yes, true. Does that mean we should just not worry about all the new
ones and all the future deaths that might be prevented. Oh ****, I
might have to fill out a form!

Urin Asshole March 27th 13 04:29 AM

Wonder how the narrow minded faction of the right wing likes this

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 23:35:38 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

The do not call list is as big a joke as thinking all of those gun
runners will submit background checks.

There are imperfect means to figure out who is calling.

True for caller ID but not really for the Telco.

I have call trace on my line. I can get the info to the authorities
unless they're offshore. It's still imperfect and sometimes a number
is spoofed, but mostly it works.

And dippy if there's a required trace on all guns, the gun runners
will have a tougher time peddling their death and destrcution.

You are delusional. Do you really think a guy buying guns out of the
trunk of a car in Chicago is going to care if it was stolen? The
numbers might be ground off anyway. It is going to end up in a storm
drain anyway, as soon as he shoots someone with it. I would not be
surprised if these guns live the rest of their life with the ammo that
was in it when it was stolen. There are not a lot of places where you
can go target shooting in the South side of Chicago.

The guy selling the gun will care if he has to explain how his gun
ended up at a crime scene. According to you, you'd rather say **** it
and not do anything, even if it's a small thing to make the situation
better. God ****ing forbid you have to fill out a form.

You're all anti-war, but not anti-war on all the innocents killed by
guns in the US.

Urin Asshole March 27th 13 04:32 AM

Wonder how the narrow minded faction of the right wing likes this

wrote:

[...]

I don't see multiple sides to the position of reducing gun violence.
Study after study has shown and country after country has demonstrated
that fewer guns means fewer deaths.

No reasonable "rural" person cares about whether or not his gun is
registered. Most people are in favor of it. We're not talking about
shotguns. We're talking about assault weapons, as you know.

Wayne B March 27th 13 04:52 AM

Wonder how the narrow minded faction of the right wing likes this

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:32:20 -0700, Urin Asshole
wrote:

I don't see multiple sides to the position of reducing gun violence.
Study after study has shown and country after country has demonstrated
that fewer guns means fewer deaths.

====

Carried to its logical end point, your view leads to the inescapable
conclusion that eliminating all guns would eliminate all gun deaths.

Since there are way too many people who would be all too happy to
press for eliminating all guns, the NRA serves as an effective
counterpoint to that line of reasoning. I think that if you actually
knew any rural gun owners, you'd find that they are almost universally
opposed to *any* increased gun control measures, mostly because they
don't trust you city/suburban folks or the type of government that you
advocate.

Wayne B March 27th 13 05:04 AM

Wonder how the narrow minded faction of the right wing likes this

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:29:55 -0700, Urin Asshole
wrote:

You're all anti-war, but not anti-war on all the innocents killed by
guns in the US.

===

It's a classic case of an ineffective cure that ends up being worse
than the disease. You come across as being just another semi
hysterical anti gun weenie. Have you ever looked at the number of
kids killed in accidents or by suicide? Those are *very* big
numbers. I personally know of close to a dozen young people who were
killed in car accidents as opposed to one guy who was killed in a
hunting accident. Since that's too small a sample for statistical
accuracy, I suspect the actual ratio is much higher than the 12 to 1
that I cite.