Default Good Christian Upbringing

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:26:32 -0400, J Herring
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:21:26 -0700, jps wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:43:46 -0400, J Herring
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:07:37 -0700, jps wrote:

A 14-year-old student at a Christian academy in Washington state has
been charged with attempted murder for allegedly shooting both of his

Thank God Muslims, Jews, and Secular Progressive Liberals never engage in such behavior!

Salmonbait

Attending a religiious school, you'd expect that experience and the
religious following of his parents to impart some basic values.

This kid hadn't developed enough sense to understand that killing his
parents would not lead to more freedom and time on his xbox.

He'll have time alright, not so much freedom.

And WTF is up with being able to pry the gun storage open?

And from where do those without the benefit of a religious upbringing acquire their basic values?

(Be careful now. You're about to step in it.)

Salmonbait

How about parents? How about laws? You need a mythical being to tell
you what's right and wrong?? You're claiming that you wouldn't have
any moral compass without a god to direct you??

On 3/13/2013 1:41 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

From their parents, of course. Apparently yours were absent.

I had a strong "religious" upbringing and I had parents with strong
basic values. Too bad you didn't.

How did you get so far off course? ( Setting a nautical tone)

On 3/13/2013 2:09 PM, Wayne B wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:41:09 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

I had a strong "religious" upbringing and I had parents with strong
basic values. It's too bad that I didn't get any of that.

I know, Wayne. That remark left you speechless. ;-)

On 3/13/2013 2:13 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 3/13/13 2:09 PM, Wayne B wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:41:09 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

I had a strong "religious" upbringing and I had parents with strong
basic values. It's too bad that I didn't get any of that.

Ahhh. W'hine behaving just like his trashy right-wing brothers here,
changing the posts of other posters.

Figures.

Cry all you want Krausie. You won't find a sympathetic ear here.

wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:07:37 -0700, jps wrote:

A 14-year-old student at a Christian academy in Washington state has
been charged with attempted murder for allegedly shooting both of his

Thank God Muslims, Jews, and Secular Progressive Liberals never engage in such behavior!

Salmonbait

Attending a religiious school, you'd expect that experience and the
religious following of his parents to impart some basic values.

This kid hadn't developed enough sense to understand that killing his
parents would not lead to more freedom and time on his xbox.

He'll have time alright, not so much freedom.

And WTF is up with being able to pry the gun storage open?

And from where do those without the benefit of a religious upbringing acquire their basic values?

(Be careful now. You're about to step in it.)

Salmonbait

From their parents and extended family. We home school our kids in
moral and ethical values. Personal responsibility, eh?

God help the poor little buggers.

jps jps is offline

wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:07:37 -0700, jps wrote:

A 14-year-old student at a Christian academy in Washington state has
been charged with attempted murder for allegedly shooting both of his

Thank God Muslims, Jews, and Secular Progressive Liberals never engage in such behavior!

Salmonbait

Attending a religiious school, you'd expect that experience and the
religious following of his parents to impart some basic values.

This kid hadn't developed enough sense to understand that killing his
parents would not lead to more freedom and time on his xbox.

He'll have time alright, not so much freedom.

And WTF is up with being able to pry the gun storage open?

And from where do those without the benefit of a religious upbringing acquire their basic values?

(Be careful now. You're about to step in it.)

Salmonbait

From their parents and extended family. We home school our kids in
moral and ethical values. Personal responsibility, eh?

God help the poor little buggers.

They're fine. As teenagers, they demonstrate more intelligence and
maturity than most of the wingers in rec.boats. Bright futures for
both.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

Parables and fantasies are much more effective at teaching kids how to
live an ethically centered life.

My kids are still in the me, me, me stage but they're still not as
selfish as the wingers in rec.boats.

--
Hope you're having a spectacular day!

From their parents, of course. Apparently yours were absent.

I had a strong "religious" upbringing and I had parents with strong
basic values. Too bad you didn't.

Exactly. So the religious aspect of jps' post was simply a little slam at religion. Totally
unnecessary. I'm glad you had the parents with strong basic values. Actually, my parents, like
yours, had strong basic values. I was just much less able to practice them as well as you.

Salmonbait

wrote:

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:07:37 -0700, jps wrote:

A 14-year-old student at a Christian academy in Washington state has
been charged with attempted murder for allegedly shooting both of his

Thank God Muslims, Jews, and Secular Progressive Liberals never engage in such behavior!

Salmonbait

Attending a religiious school, you'd expect that experience and the
religious following of his parents to impart some basic values.

This kid hadn't developed enough sense to understand that killing his
parents would not lead to more freedom and time on his xbox.

He'll have time alright, not so much freedom.

And WTF is up with being able to pry the gun storage open?

And from where do those without the benefit of a religious upbringing acquire their basic values?

(Be careful now. You're about to step in it.)

Salmonbait

From their parents and extended family. We home school our kids in
moral and ethical values. Personal responsibility, eh?

Thank you. You made my point.

Salmonbait

wrote:

[...]

From their parents, of course. Apparently yours were absent.

I had a strong "religious" upbringing and I had parents with strong
basic values. Too bad you didn't.

Exactly. So the religious aspect of jps' post was simply a little slam at religion. Totally
unnecessary. I'm glad you had the parents with strong basic values. Actually, my parents, like
yours, had strong basic values. I was just much less able to practice them as well as you.

Salmonbait

--
Hope you're having a spectacular day!

It's not apparent you practice them at all and, oh, by the way, your
church just elected a pope who doesn't share your values. The new pope,
Bergoglio, is known for personal humility, doctrinal conservatism and a
commitment to social justice. A simple lifestyle has contributed to his
reputation for humility. He lives in a small apartment, rather than in
the palatial bishop's residence. He gave up his chauffeured limousine in
favor of public transportation, and he reportedly cooks his own meals.

Not a guy who thinks much of Mitt Romney or the GOP.

'Christian' Righties take one up the... X ` Man[_3_] General 9 June 1st 12 01:18 AM
More Christian Values? Harryk General 10 July 26th 11 12:00 AM
Cheap Christian Bernard Watches Armeline Watches - Christian BernardWatches Armeline Watch Cheapest [email protected] General 0 April 28th 08 03:59 AM
Cheap Christian Dior Watches La D De Dior Watches - Christian DiorWatches La D De Dior Watch Cheapest [email protected] General 0 April 28th 08 03:23 AM
OT Christian Conservatives [email protected] General 15 October 21st 05 05:43 PM