Parallax

Default Cruising tips for small yachts

"Garry Beattie" wrote in message ...
"d parker" wrote in message
. au...
Garry is that one of those garden lights you are talking about? I have

been
wondering about those for some time. What is the output of the bulb?

Cheers

Yes that's the ones Dave.

I am not sure what their actual light output is, and in a city environment
it doesn't look to be very much. But when you get out on the ocean, away
from lights, then they seem to be a lot brighter and are easily spotted.

Just one thing though. Most of them come in 3 various colours. White, yellow
and blue. Make sure you get the white light. (which is actually a pale blue
anyway.)

The actual bulb itself is not all that bright, but it then goes through a
reflective diffuser and then another diffuser to make it appear much
brighter.

It saves a lot of headaches over battery power. Almost everyone in our
cruising club now uses them.

Best regards

Garry Beattie
Ocean Spirit Trailer Sailer &
Small Yacht Cruising Emagazine
www.ocean-spirit.com

This is the first time I have EVER seen anything useful about sailing
on this NG. I'll have to try this.
Garry Beattie

"Parallax" wrote in message

This is the first time I have EVER seen anything useful about sailing
on this NG. I'll have to try this.

I am glad to be of help. A lot of larger cruising boats who see our set up
often come over to ask what they are and where they can get them from.

It certainly saves a lot of battery power.

Best regards