stewart menday

Default Which diesel

Dick
Thanks for the info, like you say there are a lot of makes out there,
its good to get independant advice.

Thanks

Stew

"R.W. Behan" wrote in message
Stew:

My boat is a Westsail 32--a 32-footer, obviously, but she displaces 20,000
lbs. A bit shorter, but quite a bit heavier than yours. A couple of

years
ago I replaced the 25hp Volvo with a 3-cylinder, 35hp Perkins, and I've

been
very happy with it. It will push the boat about 6.5 knots at the redline

of
2800 rpm, but I run it at 1700-1800 and maintain 5+ knots through the

water.
It is a quite small engine, which gives me plenty of elbow room to change
oil and do the other maintenance tasks. Fuel consumption is .4 gal/hour.
It is quiet and dependable. There are lots of engines out there, but you
might want to look into the Perkins.

Fair winds,

Dick Behan

"stewart menday" wrote in message
Need a new diesel motor for my 13m 7500kg sailing boat. I'm after

something
around the 40hp mark and it needs to be small as there isn't a lot of

room.
Does anyone have any suggestions to brands and their reliability.

Thanks

Stew

UK red diesel costs. Ken Baker Cruising 19 June 8th 04 11:36 PM
Old diesel fuel - two questions Al Gunther Cruising 2 May 30th 04 01:15 PM
uk diesel costs Ken Baker Power Boat Racing 0 May 25th 04 02:41 PM
UK red diesel costs. Ken Baker General 0 May 25th 04 02:40 PM
Diesel outboard? Jack Rye Cruising 4 August 28th 03 08:34 PM