Default Yo Scotty and BAR

I'm back to the Quantico Shooting Club, after being guaranteed that my chances of *not* being able
to shoot whenever the range(s) are scheduled to be open is less than 1%, and that's if one of the
RSOs calls in sick at the last minute.

So, I'm building a target stand tomorrow. Will let you know how it turns out. Planning on this one:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu24.htm
--
Salmonbait

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

On 2/16/13 5:59 PM, Salmonbait wrote:
I'm back to the Quantico Shooting Club, after being guaranteed that my chances of *not* being able
to shoot whenever the range(s) are scheduled to be open is less than 1%, and that's if one of the
RSOs calls in sick at the last minute.

So, I'm building a target stand tomorrow. Will let you know how it turns out. Planning on this one:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu24.htm

Looks pretty complex for a brittle old combat engineer like you. Maybe
you can get a neighbor to open the can of "glue."

--
I'm a *Liberal* because I knew the militant christian fundamentalist
racist militaristic xenophobic corporate oligarchy wasn't going to work

On 2/16/2013 6:05 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 2/16/13 5:59 PM, Salmonbait wrote:
I'm back to the Quantico Shooting Club, after being guaranteed that my
chances of *not* being able
to shoot whenever the range(s) are scheduled to be open is less than
1%, and that's if one of the
RSOs calls in sick at the last minute.

So, I'm building a target stand tomorrow. Will let you know how it
turns out. Planning on this one:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu24.htm

Looks pretty complex for a brittle old combat engineer like you. Maybe
you can get a neighbor to open the can of "glue."

look who's talking, Mr. osteopenia. This coming from a guy who can't
even dig post holes without help. Can't do simple maintenance on the
boats he used to own. Can't clean the skungy sink next to his dirty
coffee pot. The list goes on and on.

In article ,
says...

I'm back to the Quantico Shooting Club, after being guaranteed that my chances of *not* being able
to shoot whenever the range(s) are scheduled to be open is less than 1%, and that's if one of the
RSOs calls in sick at the last minute.

So, I'm building a target stand tomorrow. Will let you know how it turns out. Planning on this one:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu24.htm

Good luck a Quantico. They used to have the 900 inch line, 25 yards,
open most of the time which is good enough for pistols.

Your target stand should serve you well. The only thing I would do is
use water in the base rather than any solid. Take a couple of jugs of
water with you each time you shoot and when shooting is over just turn
the bottome over and the water runs out and your load to carry back to
the vehicle is lighter and when you take it into the garage it is
lighter too. The only other thing I would do is put a cross brace or two
in it by drilling holes in the wood and using carriage bolts with wing
nuts to put it together at the range.

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 20:02:42 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Might do some cross bracing if it seems too loose. I'm thinking of just carrying a sandbag. I don't
plan on gluing everything together, 'cause I want to be able to break it down.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling'...the liberals' answer to a lost argument!

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if...
....the death penalty is a 'no-no', but death by Hellfire
*without* a trial is AOK!

On 2/16/2013 9:02 PM, Salmonbait wrote:
[...]

Sure, a couple sand bags or even bean bags sounds good... If you have a
sewing machine or your wife does, you could make a nice little bag for
it too, or even a little pouch/envelope with a fold over top and a tie..

On 2/17/2013 8:29 AM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
[...]

And yes, before the boys get in here. My wife has a couple cute little
sewing machines... I also have two, mine are for shoemakers though. They
are a bit older, and a lot bigger We use it for canvas or webbing, etc...

On Sunday, 17 February 2013 09:31:40 UTC-4, JustWaitAFrekinMinute! wrote:
[...]

Why not sew yourself a little boat so you could at least appear to be a legitmate boater in here.

In article ,
says...

[...]

Hey, maybe you can get a job doing that! Oh, wait, you don't want to be
employed.

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 08:31:40 -0500, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:

[...]

I need something like a tent bag - about 8" diameter and 20" long - and a zipper would be nice!

Salmonbait

Yo BAR John H[_2_] General 10 July 16th 10 01:15 PM
Yo BAR! JLH OPAof7 General 6 August 18th 09 02:29 AM
Yo BAR! John[_6_] General 12 December 16th 08 03:21 PM
Yo BAR! John H.[_5_] General 0 July 31st 08 09:06 PM
Yo!! BAR!! Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] General 18 March 13th 08 01:15 PM